UBB.Dev
Posted By: dannylin Is this a bug? - 08/01/2001 5:27 PM
Is this a bug?
When I delete a message posted by myself. The number of posts did not decreased. It seems that when I delete a user's post, the number of posts of that user did not decreased too.
Maybe there's something wrong with that?
Posted By: OWL_pokemon Re: Is this a bug? - 08/01/2001 10:26 PM
i don't think it is an bug - it is ok so

if you are cleaning your database from old postings that are no longer needed, and i made 100 postings until now - and now you are purging many threads with some of my postings in them - i have still made 100 postings until now. That number shows all postings, not the number of posting actually being stored in the database..

hmm..my english sucks *g*
Posted By: dannylin Re: Is this a bug? - 08/02/2001 6:08 AM
But if you decide to delete a post you simply post, the counter should decreased by 1. I thought this should be the right action. You can't count something that doesn't exist.

So purging database is different from deleting a message that never exist on the forum. I thought you did not get what I mean. I'm not talking about purging database.
Posted By: Rick Re: Is this a bug? - 08/02/2001 3:57 PM
The number of user's post won't decrease. This is just a running total of how many times they have deleted a post. I've tested deleting posts on a test database and the posts/threads decreased ok, so I can't find anything in the code just yet. Did you delete the post from the "Edit post" screen or did you do it from the admin section?
Posted By: OWL_pokemon Re: Is this a bug? - 08/02/2001 4:08 PM
oh..ok, you're right. It looks that i really did not get what you mean. Think I have to work on my english sometimes....did not ned it for more then 10 years *grin*
Posted By: dannylin Re: Is this a bug? - 08/02/2001 4:46 PM
scream, yes. I'm deleting from the Edit post screen.
Posted By: dannylin Re: Is this a bug? - 08/02/2001 4:48 PM
> oh..ok, you're right. It looks that i really did not get what
> you mean. Think I have to work on my english
> sometimes....did not ned it for more then 10 years *grin*
:-)

There's nothing about your English. It's good and I can understand. (^^) Thanks for your reply to my question thou.
© UBB.Developers