UBB.Dev
Posted By: Maze textcolors, email-tag, signatures [6.0 BR2] - 05/03/2002 6:37 PM
So far I found a lot of old postings in our db, where several old tags are not translated anymore:

- abc

- [red]Textcolors (btw: we used to use German to specify the colors...)[/red]

- Some signatures have doubled

Ok, maybe these are not bugs (features?), but how can this be fixed? Do I have to manually edit all of the posts? Almost impossible...
It seems the color codes are now specified using the color: markup. Scream, should those tags get converted during the upgrade (or still be supported)?

Lee
bump
Posted By: Rick Re: textcolors, email-tag, signatures [6.0 BR2] - 05/23/2002 1:46 AM
I originally was going to put out an alter to update these to the new format, which would have been fine on smaller forums, but I did just a sig replacement test on a 9000 userbase forum and it kept timing out even with max_execution time bumped way up. And that was without even trying the posts. Can't necessarily keep the support in for the older format because addpost is one of the busiest scripts as it is and this would add another set of regex's to the mix. So, unfortunately I'm not too sure of a real solution on this.
Hmmmm, can you break it up into alot of small SQL updates?

Lee
Posted By: Maze Re: textcolors, email-tag, signatures [6.0 BR2] - 07/17/2002 12:56 PM
I'm wondering about why the color-markup [color:] has been made language independent?! Due to the changes on the markup-code the value (example: red) has to stay in english anyway. It does not make any sense to have the markup in one language and the value in another one... I think thes feature can be removed, can it?

Another thing: The color-codes in /languages/.../generic.php aren't used anymore? So can we remove them? ($ubbt_lang['COLOR_RED'] etc...)
© UBB.Developers