UBB.Dev
Posted By: santana 6.02: Cannot addpost after previewing it. - 07/14/2002 1:28 PM
I upgraded to 6.02 from 6.01, and suddenly we cannot post the message after we preview it.

The error message was something like "All of the required fields are not filled in."

I am using language other than English though.

Anyone got this problem?
Posted By: santana Re: 6.02: Cannot addpost after previewing it. - 07/14/2002 2:59 PM
Okay here is the progress...

Whenever there is:
$config['files'] = "/home/ponsel/public_html/forumfiles";
in the config.inc.cfg then there is an error saying that I have to fill in all the field.

Can anyone help me what's going on?

* I did chmod the dir, though.

Thanks
Posted By: Rick Re: 6.02: Cannot addpost after previewing it. - 07/14/2002 5:50 PM
This is a php.ini issue. I can't remember the exact details but basically your install of php sounds like it is in safe_mode but when you specify a files path then the form is a multipart form. These forms no longer work properly if php is in safe_mode. So, this requires either turning safe_mode off in php.ini or removing the path from the $config['files'] variable.
Posted By: santana Re: 6.02: Cannot addpost after previewing it. - 07/14/2002 7:27 PM
Ok it's all fixed.

It is a php.ini issue, but the safe_mode is already turned off.

I edited the file_uploads to On, and everything goes well

Thanks!
That's strange. In version 6.0.2 (and maybe 6.0.1?), the call ini_get(file_uploads) was added to deal with that situation.

A couple of potential problems:

1) Should the parameter be quoted? ini_get('file_uploads')

2) Are '0' and '1' the only legal values for that config parameter, or does it accept 'yes' and 'no' also?
Posted By: Rick Re: 6.02: Cannot addpost after previewing it. - 07/18/2002 6:03 PM
Found this one. I don't check for ini_get(file_uploads) in the addpost.php script. Will need to get this fixed for the next release.
© UBB.Developers