UBB.Dev
I don't use wwwthreads, nor do I plan to. I do, however, go to gameaddicts.net to post and I've found this board rather cumbersome at making polls and several other things.
First off, the polls should be rather easy to make and perhaps a form would be preferable or even a checkbox at the bottom of the screen that would say, "This is a poll" so that you would go to the next screen and fill out a seperate form form if necessary rather than use markup. I know that won't happen so here's my suggestion: Make a javascript function that would create a poll much like the markup is for everything else.
I've read the threads for your insta markup and I was surprised that polls weren't an option. Here is what I pieced together.
Unfortunately, this incorrectly parsed out my message and thought I was making 3 polls. So I'll have to save the rest of this message to a text file and upload it.

Attached File
41240-pollandlength.txt  (54 downloads)
Good god, that looks horrid on a browser. View source on the attachment or save to disk so you can view it correctly.
I just noticed I screwed up on the poll thing. The correct version is attached.

Attached File
41252-pollfix.txt  (56 downloads)
Posted By: Deathwalker So? Did anyone try it? - 09/12/2001 2:04 AM
I was hoping someone would come back and say that something was wrong or perhaps even where and how to add this to your code to help other people who might actually want this in the future.
Apparrently there are a lot of lurkers and no enthuiasts in this forum.
Posted By: Dr_Manhattan No... - 09/12/2001 6:11 PM
It's nothing personal, really.

I believe the chief reason there are no takers, so far, is that the poll feature in WWWThreads 5.4.3php is totally FUBAR'd (yup, it doesn't work), and we're all waiting for a bug fix (or the next release). See this thread.

BTW, gameaddicts.net runs v. 5.4.1php (polls work fine in that version). But, in my case (as with many others here), that's an obsolete version. I'm running 5.4.3, and until the polls are fixed, I personally have no plans on applying hacks to a feature that doesn't work.

Posted By: Deathwalker Re: No... - 09/13/2001 5:36 PM
Eww... is the polling system still going to stick with that markup system as in the older release?
Is 5.4.3 a full release or still in beta of some sort?
I don't pretend to really know jack about this board, but this interests me. Hehe, if I used this board, was a paying customer, and it was FUBAR, as you said, I'd be pissed. =)
Posted By: Dr_Manhattan well... - 09/14/2001 9:18 PM
5.4.3 is a full release, but there's still debugging going on.

As for being a paying customer, I would never have bought a license unless I was absolutely convinced W3T was a fine product--and well supported, to boot.

A license entitles one to a full year's worth of upgrades. I think I started with 5.1.2perl, and IMHO the improvements since then have been well worth the money I spent.

The polls will be fixed, I just don't know when. The PERL version is generally the one to be developed first (v. 5.4.4perl was released just last week), with the PHP upgrade following close on its heels.

I'll be sure and take a look at your hack once my polls are working.
© UBB.Developers