UBB.Dev
Posted By: ivf $25 for hack!!!!!!!! - 09/18/2001 2:18 AM
I would like to be able to change the post order in showflat.php so the newest post is first at the top of the page followed by the other posts, i.e. opposite to how it is now. If you need me to be more specific please let me know.

I will pay the first person who can successfully complete a hack, that I can use with the latest version of w3t.php, $25 through paypal to their email address.

Many thanks
Posted By: Gossip Re: $25 for hack!!!!!!!! - 09/18/2001 10:57 AM
I dropped you a PM with my details, ivf. Got your hack ready here!
Posted By: Dr_Manhattan bad precedent - 09/18/2001 4:38 PM
Well, so much for the generally open, helpful (read: free of charge) nature of this forum.

Ignoring the questionable value of a showflat scheme that's out of order, here's a suggestion: once you've received your $25, how about throwing the hack in the hopper here? Or are we all going to hafta ante up?
Posted By: Adrianm Re: bad precedent (here's a hack) - 08/15/2002 6:46 PM
Some people want to see reverse ordering newest->oldest in flat mode. Our board had a member vote under UBB.Classic and the majority wanted it this way. A pity threads doesn't allow the user to choose...

A quick and dirty hack;

in ubbthreads\showflat.php
Change the line in the "Cycle through the posts" section;
ORDER BY B_Number
to
ORDER BY B_Number DESC

Not a nice way to do it though. If anyone has written a user defineable sort order I would appreciate it... otherwise I'll have to write it myself...

A.

PS. I forgot to say - this works in Ubb.Threads 6.0.2
© UBB.Developers