UBB.Dev
Posted By: PhotoPost Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 4:59 PM
I'm working on a UBBThreads hack to put PicturePost galleries on the same page as the message board - and with the same look 'n feel.

I'm still developing the functionality (adding as I go), but would welcome some feedback.

http://www.extremebikini.com/ebti/forums/ubbthreads.php
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 5:02 PM
Looks real good EB, ummmmmm... what was the question? []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

If you need some assistance beta testing, I can work on a local copy as well []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/] Looks like it would make a nice add-on []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 5:04 PM
ok, feedback.

You might include a tdheader across the top of the photo area to make it look a bit more like another category. I don't think it would make it look too heavy []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 5:08 PM
If you can include the time/date of the last entry in the last post column, with a link to it, that would help a lot too.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 5:18 PM
Hey, just noticed the comments from members under the pictures.. very nice []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/] That would be an extremely useful feature
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 5:52 PM
Allen,

I noticed that the link from Last Post in UBBT doesnt link to the last post; is that a mod? I'd have to go back and look. I was trying to make them as close in functionality as possible.

I thought about having one "main" category for Picture Posts and then making the categoies "subgroups"; but, again, trying to make it look as much like the top section as possible. (I was working on the Last Post section when you wrote this I think; just finished it and updated.)

But, good suggestions; I'll play around some more. When I get it more "stable" we can work on getting you the code. I wouldnt want anyone to judge the "draft" code before it was ready! :lol:

Michael Pierce
Posted By: WrÅith Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 9:21 PM
Uhhh.....

What was I supposed to be looking at again? []/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 9:25 PM
Dunno....

I forgot as well []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 10:11 PM
Looks cool!!!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 04/30/2002 11:18 PM
That "last post" link is in the base code for .threads []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

I see, you are using v5.5 - it's in v6 []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 05/01/2002 1:58 AM
Ah. Well, waiting for v6 to be a bit more stable before I switch my site over. But, will keep coding until then! []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: Cola Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 05/06/2002 11:19 AM
are you gonna share this hack / addon?
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: Deep PhotoPost integration - 05/08/2002 4:02 AM
Since posting this I've been hired by TechIMO to write PicturePost in PHP; so I've started on that project. Hopefully I'll have an even better integration package available in the near future!
© UBB.Developers