UBB.Dev
Posted By: dgermann Can we have our pix back? - 03/25/2002 2:59 PM
Hi--

I went in this morning to change my password, and got a surprise--the picture I have been using here (and on the W3T forum) for several years isn't accepted anymore, because it is over size, according to the error message.

Can this be re-set to allow what has worked in the past?

If this is a part of 6.0, then I would like to see it changed back, to allow pictures from many of my users. It would be a negative to upgrading for me.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Can we have our pix back? - 03/25/2002 4:04 PM
that's part of a bug... things should be worked out soon enough []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: Rick Re: Can we have our pix back? - 03/25/2002 4:14 PM
When it gave you the error message did it say how large your picture was?
Posted By: Rick Re: Can we have our pix back? - 03/25/2002 4:17 PM
Ok, I bumped the max picture size in theme.inc.php to 80x80 to see if that fixes it. By default it is 65x75.
Posted By: dgermann Re: Can we have our pix back? - 03/28/2002 3:17 AM
Scream--

Yes, it is 122 X 157. It used to work at that size, but apparently it never enforced the 65 X 75.

Any reason why that would be necessary for the forum? The only thing I've seen is that it distorts some which are not in that same ratio, but they seem to display ok otherwise.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Can we have our pix back? - 03/28/2002 3:24 AM
The old way used to resize the photo for you. Users link to any pic they've got hosted anywhere...or upload pics of different sizes. If the photo field is too restrictive of the size, users won't be able to figure it out. You ought to go back to having it resize the pics to the appropriate size. I had to ditch my pic too.
Posted By: Rick Re: Can we have our pix back? - 03/28/2002 5:00 AM
Yes, that does need to be fixed.
Posted By: dgermann Re: Can we have our pix back? - 04/11/2002 3:26 AM
Scream--

Thanks for giving us our pix back! See? []/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

PS: Those boxes around the reply look like they should be clickable, but only the word is. I clicked in the wrong place first time.
© UBB.Developers