UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dalantech [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 01/18/2003 11:12 AM
What is it?: An addon for using RaiderSoft chat (www.sigmasoft.com).

Why should I care?: The chat script is free (for basic service) and this mod uses your Threads user data base, so someone has to be registered to use the chat from your site. A word of caution: With the free chat there is no way to control user accounts, and therefore no way to pass user name info from my script to your chat. So, if someone knows the url of your chat room, they can log in and chat...

Who gets the props?: Me But with all the help I've received here I have to give a nod to JustDave, JoshPet, and Dave_L.

How do I use it?:

1) Copy rchat.php and chatpopup.php script to your ubbthreads directory.

2) Edit the rchat.php file to replace "Your chat title here" with whatever you want to call your chat page (remember to leave in the quotes). Follow the directions in the rchat.tmpl file (you'll need some applet script from www.sigmachat.com). Copy the rchat.tmpl file to your ubbthreads/templates/default/ directory.

3) Add

Code
$ubbt_lang['jchat'] = 	"In the Chat Room"; 

to the online.php file in all of your language directories.

Enjoy

Version 1.1 Props to JoshPet for the popup script that updates Who's Online

Attached File
65335-Raidersoft-Chat.zip  (30 downloads)
Posted By: armyocs Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 01/19/2003 4:05 AM
Thanks alot!!!!
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 01/19/2003 11:05 AM
No problem
Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/08/2003 11:41 AM
Do these go in the same folder? getting a server error. Decided to go with a upgraded version of the service. Users love this chat style type and it was on sale.. $50 upgrade/1yr
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/08/2003 5:24 PM
You should put the rchat.php script in your ubbthreads directory.
Posted By: Mudpuppy Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/10/2003 11:47 PM
What do I need to modify so that people using the chatroom will show up in the "Who's Online" screen as "Chatroom" rather than "Private"? I should know this answer, I know I should, but I'm still drawing a blank.

Also, if someone stays in the Chatroom for longer than 10 minutes, will they drop off the "Who's Online" list? I remember Josh saying something to that effect another thread, but didn't see a solution to the problem.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/11/2003 12:15 AM
If you chat script is called "chat.php" then you need to add this line into the online.php language file:

$ubbt_lang['chat'] = "In the Chat Room";

What I did to eliminate them dropping off the list after 10 minutes was make the chat page open a pop under... the pop under refreshes every 9 minutes and updates the Who's online info.

I think Dalantech included my popup in his chatroom mod posted here.
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/11/2003 10:08 AM
*Mental note to self: Make sure the who's online page is worked in to the Jpilot and RaderSoft chat mods*

Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/21/2003 1:40 PM
I got it setup as instructed but don't see myselft listed as in chat when I am in chat. This is a cool integration.

Minor tweaking may be needed to set just right.
Thanks guys
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/21/2003 6:52 PM
[]Smilesforu said:
I got it setup as instructed but don't see myselft listed as in chat when I am in chat. This is a cool integration.

Minor tweaking may be needed to set just right.
Thanks guys [/]

Instructions and zip file updated in the first post
Posted By: Raconteur_dup1 Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 12:39 AM
I am not seeing "In The Chat Room" either... could the pop-under box be preventing this?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 2:31 AM
I updated the "pop under" box somewhere.

It could have to do with register globals.

Double check the code of your popup boxes and make sure that the "get_input" calls are near the top of the file.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 4:32 AM
Is the popup box included in the latest zip?
Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 6:56 AM
Well I got the horde using it but they don't stay in the screen once its refreshed. Shows them coming to the page then in until refresh.

I couldn't see myself when I was testing this on my own. Would show me as viewing online...duh.

How do I get this popup box thing?
Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 7:24 AM
Can't get this working quite right. I looked at the popup file and changed to this

$What = "rchat";

Still dropping off list.....hmm
Posted By: JoshPet Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 7:43 AM
Does this help?
Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 8:12 AM
I uncommented the debug and it reads who I am correctly in the popup window. Which is good... I had also found in the zip the rchat .php instead of rchat.php fixed that for the language files to read correctly.

Now I just need to wait for more folks to show up again.

Is there a mod to get this to showup in the whos online in every page?

Appreciate the help...
Posted By: JoshPet Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 8:18 AM
here it is

You might need to tweak this code a bit. Where' it grabs everyone that says "chat", you'll need to name it "rchat" (whatever your chat page script is named) Likewise use the same $what in the chat popup.

Good luck.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 02/22/2003 9:54 AM
Ah thanks got it!!! Think I would prefer the whos in chat to be in the box... but will leave it for now.

Thanks again great integration!!
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: [6.2] Integrated RadierSoft chat - 04/04/2003 4:55 PM
Ok, so I did this but it doesnt prelogin any users (is that right?). If I upgrade to the Pro version ($100/year) does that automatically bypass login and put them in the room under their id?
© UBB.Developers