UBB.Dev
Posted By: PhotoPost [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 02/22/2003 5:38 AM
I'm having problems with the timing of when the cache gets updated. The cache seems to be updating after like 6 hours when I have most values set to 30 minutes or less.

Any ideas?

Posted By: PhotoPost Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 02/22/2003 6:02 AM
I notice that the TimeStamp changes frequently. Given that, I'm a little confused how this number is used to determine when a cache has expired on an item when the TimeStamp for each item is not kept independently.

Further watching makes it appear that the TimeStamp is updated on each view of the Index page. Each view of the Index page resets the timer so that the cache is only updated as long as the Index page is not viewed during the cachetimeout. Meaning if I have everything set to 10 minutes, then as long as nobody looks at the page during the 10 minute period, then I will get an update; if I have a busy site (which I do), then the page is rarely updated.
Posted By: JustDave Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 02/22/2003 7:10 AM
Ack... you know it's strange it's gone this long without this error being noticed. Thanks for pointing it out. I can see what I was thinking but I can also see now where I went wrong... lol

It looks like I'll have to store a time stamp for each cache field to make that work right. I'm working on 5.5 this weekend as much as possible. Shooting for Monday with some luck.

Posted By: JustDave Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 02/22/2003 7:14 AM
This also explains a few other reported problems with cache not updating. Just wanted to say thanks again... lol will nail this down.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 02/22/2003 7:17 AM
Dave you rock.
Can't wait for 5.5. Particularly the sidebar pal.
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 02/22/2003 3:13 PM
No problem, Dave. Glad to help! Believe me, happens to me all the time.
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 04/04/2003 5:12 PM
Just bumping for info purposes; anyone heard from Dave lately?
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.2] Problems with cache timing - 04/06/2003 1:05 AM
He is around. Have seen him once or twice around here in the last two weeks. Guess he is busy guy.
© UBB.Developers