UBB.Dev
Posted By: PhotoPost PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/08/2003 3:29 PM
Looking for feedback:

http://www.mpdev.net/sellerspost/index.php

Integrates with Threads just like PhotoPost, but which an emphasis on Classified Ads. I did a conversion of ReviewPost as the users on my site were confused by the off-the-shelf classifieds I was using and I figured using a PhotoPost-like interface would give them something they are familiar with.
Posted By: shortbus Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/08/2003 4:34 PM
nice
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/08/2003 5:26 PM
http://www.viperalley.com/classifieds/index.php

I've replaced our "old" classifieds here and uploaded the "new" ones today. Nice thing is that Classifieds, Photo Gallery and Product Reviews all share the same stylesheet.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/09/2003 3:55 AM
cool, what kinda features?
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/09/2003 2:03 PM
. uses same stylesheet as PP/RP
. templates
. user can upload multiple images per ad (full edit capability)
. user selectable time duration for ad
. email form which hides email addresses of sellers
. fully integrated with all bb's support by PP/RP

It's basically a reworked version of ReviewPost without the reviews section and some tweaks to the layout/database to support classifieds. I'm trying to come up with more interface ideas to make it a little more unique.
Posted By: shortbus Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/09/2003 7:58 PM
I'm trying to come up with a use for it so I can add it to my site .

If it's as good as RP, or PP, I know I need it in there somewhere!
Posted By: Pappy Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/09/2003 8:13 PM
If you had a system built into it for auctioning...
something that could use other currencies such as Gold or Credits, This might appeal to the large number of gaming sites (such as ours) that might use it for ingame sales and auctions. This is just an Idea for additions
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/09/2003 9:59 PM
Auctions are the next idea.... using the community features to allow for bidding....

And we're looking at backends to Paypal and Authorize.Net for credit card payments across the line of programs.

Another idea is to create an integrated index page which allows you to plug in PP, RP and whatever into one system.... and make it all one install.....
Posted By: shortbus Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 10/10/2003 9:38 PM
Man, all those that you just mentioned would be great, especially the auctions thing. I COULD use that most definately.
Posted By: pac Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 03/22/2004 6:00 PM
we have actually written a package to do auctions (doesn't use paypal or anything)...

if someone is interested in taking a look at the code to use elsewhere...let me know.

unfortunately where it is installed you can't view it because you have to own a boat (one of ours) to get into that section..
Posted By: so01 Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 03/23/2004 10:18 PM
When will PhotoPost Classified be released? I have been waiting for something similar for years!

/S
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 03/26/2004 6:51 PM
Should be very soon - we're working on the sale pages now... Just a little longer - thanks for your patience!
Posted By: smoknz28 Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/03/2004 2:36 AM
Beautiful....how much ($$) are we looking at?
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/04/2004 3:06 PM
Thats the big mystery but expect it to be around the price of Reviewpost.
Posted By: shortbus Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/04/2004 8:12 PM
There's a TON of potential in the PP Classifieds!
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/07/2004 4:44 PM
I think so, too. We are trying to get the pages finished up to laumch this week. I expect pricing to be around $99 for new and $69 for current PP or RP users.
Posted By: fishtails Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/08/2004 2:03 AM
Discount for current PP users? Cool!!!!!
Posted By: Sky YYZ Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/08/2004 4:19 AM
I'll second that bit of enthusiasm. Thanks!
Posted By: gblue Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/11/2004 3:41 PM
Count me in.. I want it I have another classified program but this will work much better with my site
Posted By: J.C. Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/21/2004 4:39 AM
A good add on would be the feature a lot of sites have to stop spamming the db. The system generates a random set of numbers and letters as an image that must be typed in before submitting the ad. I used to run a classified site and got tons of garbage ads from script kiddies that cirumvented the ad system and automated a spammer.
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/21/2004 5:18 AM
All it has to do is be able to only allow certain groups to create an ad, the code is there already in photopost isn't it? Otherwise it would be a problem like JC pointed out.
Posted By: J.C. Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/21/2004 6:24 AM
Actually my suggestion would only come into play if the site allows anon posting.
Posted By: gblue Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/22/2004 3:11 AM
I just ordered mine a few minutes ago time to play
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/22/2004 4:03 AM
http://store.yahoo.com/techimo/photlic.html

You can restrict posting to specific groups. Enjoy!
Posted By: scroungr Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/22/2004 6:05 AM
Great News PP
Posted By: Sky YYZ Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/22/2004 6:27 AM
[]PhotoPost said:
I think so, too. We are trying to get the pages finished up to laumch this week. I expect pricing to be around $99 for new and $69 for current PP or RP users. [/]

Hi there, in the e-mail announcing PPC the rate is significantly higher.

Is there a different rate for PP licence holders in the range you expected, or is it as quoted in the e-mail we received?

Thanks,

Jason
Posted By: shortbus Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/22/2004 6:28 AM
question: is it 69 for those of us who already own RP and PP?

I'm buying a few more photopost/reviewpost licenses and probably 2 classifieds licenses, so if I can save 60 bucks, that would be great .
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/22/2004 10:47 PM
An email to all members went out with a $15 off the $99 introductory pricing for existing customers.

I'm also talking to Scott about bundle packages offers.
Posted By: Ron_dup1 Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/23/2004 12:02 AM
I would be interested in a Reviewpost and Classifieds package for a nice bundle price:-)

Ron
Posted By: Sky YYZ Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/23/2004 6:33 AM
Okay, just didn't want to buy it if it was $69 for registered PP licence holders rather than $84. I just purchased a licence.

Jason
Posted By: ericgtr Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/23/2004 5:21 PM
I must say, the zip code addon that tells you the distance between you and the seller is an excellent touch.
Posted By: shortbus Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/23/2004 5:40 PM
agreed.
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost Classifieds - 04/23/2004 10:36 PM
I'll post the changes for that - the reason I couldnt make it a part of the offical release was that it uses a third-party database for zip code which costs like $30. Maybe we can work out some kind of distribution deal with them - something to look into.
© UBB.Developers