UBB.Dev
Hi all

This is what I would like help with........

Any of the bellow would do, preferably number 1.

1. Have another row of pal boxes that does the same as the news boxes on the index page, pulls info from forum.

2. Pull a forum into a custompalbox?

3. Put the sidebar hack on the index page and edit this via the admin menu template.

If none of the above what's the quickest way to edit the custompalboxes rather than downloading via ftp/edit/upload.

Thanks for all your help

George

Can this be done if so anyone show me how???
The first two can be done relatively easy. The first one simply by replicating the newspal into a custompal box and then calling only that pal on the right side etc and calling different forums than the newspal. You will need to replicate the settings to allow different board selections for each newspal.

The second by doing the same but only adjusting the query calls to only one keyword.
Hi Chuck

I'll try this and get back to you later.

Thanks.
Hi Chuck

"Replicating the newspal into a custompal box and then
calling only that pal on the right side"

This was easy............

"calling different forums than the newspal"

"You will need to replicate the settings to allow different board selections for each newspal. "

LOST, sorry to much for me to take in....

Any help.

George
You will need to replicate and rename some variables in editconfig and doeditconfig to allow 4 more boards to be selected and coded to the new pal.
Hi Chuck

Using UBB 6.2 and IIP 5.3
In the editconfig [:"red"]pal[/] (note pal at end)
I only have this.........
if (!isset($postdisplay[0])) { $postdisplay[0] = "";}
if (!isset($postdisplay[1])) { $postdisplay[1] = "";}
if (!isset($postdisplay[2])) { $postdisplay[2] = "";}
if (!isset($postdisplay[3])) { [:"red"]$postdisplay[3][/] = "";}

Do not have this [:"red"] newsboard4 [/] must be new ver!

so I tried it there.

Changed the pal file.

Went into the config admin and put back the forum name in
NEWS to Set these to the board's key word
and checked the pal box to come up at right.

The news forums came up in the center ok, the pal box heading showed on right but nothing in it. Where do I put the keyword for the pal box.

Also when I went back into the config admin the keyword is missing in NEWS section.

Gee I hope this reads ok to you it's hard to type in what's in my head (prob cause theres nothing, ).

Getting tired now - off to bed will try anything else you may offer me tomorrow.

Thanks

George
George you need to edit the following files

doeditconfig editconfig and your custompal.

You will need to replicate the news settings making sure to code postdisplay to newpostdisplay for 4 new boards when replicating. You will also see in there newsboard1,2,3,4

You will need to give the boards for the new one newpostdisplay the settings newsboard5,6,7,8
© UBB.Developers