UBB.Dev
Posted By: PhotoPost PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/17/2003 8:48 PM
PhotoPost 4.6 has been released and is updated here on ThreadsDev. Lots of new features and improve Theme support.

https://www.ubbdev.com/photopost/index.php

Also here: http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/index.php

Will have an update for the PhotoPost integration soon - http://www.viperalley.com/ubbthreads.php - showing number of online users like forums now.

Enjoy!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/17/2003 8:49 PM
Great! Thanks!
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/17/2003 9:49 PM
Thats cool You mean the Main Index Integration.

I updated the Total Photopost Integration with 4.6 templates as well

The Integration now has all the templates needed for the last 3 versions of Photopost so no need for any addition variations.

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat...fpart=&vc=1
Posted By: scroungr Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/17/2003 9:52 PM
didn't they just release 4.1.5 like a month ago.. hmmm lots of good revisions
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/17/2003 10:47 PM
4.5 was released a month ago. 4.1.5 was like two months ago.

Are you complaining?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/18/2003 1:29 AM
Great work Michael, photopost has really improved with your work
Posted By: scroungr Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/18/2003 4:33 AM
No I am NOT complaining I am actually surprised
Posted By: scroungr Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/18/2003 7:09 AM
My realy thoughts are.. shall I upgrade to 4.6 or wait for 4.7 next month I am really impressed.. and I don't impress easily
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/18/2003 4:16 PM
lol

Some would prefer bigger updates on longer timeframes, I liked putting out smaller updates in shorter amounts of time. But now is the time to take a step back and look at some big-picture issues - as such, I do not expect a new release for 2-3 months. I want to do some reengineering of some very old code and then look at some of the bigger ticket items we've been looking at.

We've also been working on some deeper-integration mods, so this development cycle of the past is going to slow down now that I've accomplished the main things I wanted to get done (themes/templates).
Posted By: gblue Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/18/2003 11:56 PM
Upgraded and working great on my site.. Thanks and Merry Christmas
Posted By: JoshPet Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/19/2003 3:02 AM
[]scroungr said:
didn't they just release 4.1.5 like a month ago.. hmmm lots of good revisions [/]

Those of us who get paid to upgrade various things don't mind there being lots of releases.
<evil laugh>

LOL
Posted By: smilesforu Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/19/2003 11:36 PM
Thanks for the upgrade.. glad I was to busy to keep up with the little ones. Looks great

would it be possible to integrate the threads stlyesheets with photopost? So when users come from threads to the photopost it just reads what is set in my home of threads?
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/19/2003 11:49 PM
Nope that is not part of the 4.6 Photopost.
Posted By: Zackary Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 2:15 AM
[]Smilesforu said:
Thanks for the upgrade.. glad I was to busy to keep up with the little ones. Looks great

would it be possible to integrate the threads stlyesheets with photopost? So when users come from threads to the photopost it just reads what is set in my home of threads? [/]

After doing the photopost/threads integration hack (which I love btw, thanks ) I just replaced all the photopost styles with the corresponding threads styles that I felt fit best. Works very well for me.

Though it takes awhile to do it and I'm not looking forward to upgrading.
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 3:08 AM
The easiest way is to add the photopost styles to the threads stylesheets which the hack calls for.
Posted By: Storm_dup1 Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 4:47 AM
What am I missing here??? Just upgraded to 4.6 and look at the bottom of the index page how the Most Popular are displaying....

http://stormchat.com/photo
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 5:04 AM
tbopen.tmpl in threads templates set to 100% that was in the directions. some servers Photopost does not recognize the global tablewidth statement passed by threads
Posted By: Storm_dup1 Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 5:25 AM
Hey Chuck..... Yep, I saw that.... 'course it was already set at 100%.... hmmmm
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 6:33 AM
Okay then go to the other step. Did you set the proper paths to the tbopen tbclose etc in the photopost feature.tmpl
Posted By: Storm_dup1 Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 7:25 AM
Yep... Those are correct also.... I tried it again from scratch and same thing...... lol
Posted By: scroungr Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 10:07 PM
That looks like the problem that I had that Omego fixed for me He set the tablewidth in tbopen.. you may wanna upload your tbopen for him to take a look and then bask in the glory iof his knowledge
Posted By: smilesforu Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 10:51 PM
uh oh got a error on my upgrade

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/X11/mogrify" -size 98x100 -quality 70 -geometry 98x100 (path deleted)

hmm
Posted By: smilesforu Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 10:59 PM
commented out the mongrify like it was in the previous version now get a new error

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 126
Posted By: smilesforu Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/20/2003 11:14 PM
Ok it was all centered on the mongrify thing... in previous version it was ok to let it be there. I needed to set to gd and comment out the mongrify use. All better... nice program
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/21/2003 12:27 AM
Smilesforu,

You will find alot better support over at Photopost forums on those issues. ImageMagick by far is the best quality program.

Now your problems are real easy with Mogrify

If you are getting a 127 error (usually indicates "file not found");

- Verify the path in $mogrify_command (in your config-inc.php file) is set to the full executable. You can check the location of mogrify on Unix/Linux systems by typing which mogrify at a command line and it will return the path

If you have a Error 126 then your error is this

Your "mogrify_command" in the config-inc.php does not include the full command.

So in the first one you most likely had the path to mogrify wrong.

In your second error lets say for instance Mogrify is in

/usr/bin you had your config-inc.php file set to /usr/bin

instead of /usr/bin/mogrify
Posted By: Storm_dup1 Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/21/2003 1:11 AM
Man, wish that were the problem.... I'm fixing to upgrade threads tonight or tomorrow so we'll see what that might bring..... lol
Posted By: omegatron Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/21/2003 2:57 AM
Storm there are two things in the mod directions. One is to set the proper path to tbopen and tbclose in the feature.tmpl

You then also can make sure instead of the global variable size tbopen.tmpl has a set width of your forums versus the global call.
Posted By: Storm_dup1 Re: PhotoPost 4.6 Released! - 12/21/2003 6:24 AM
Ok.... So sometimes ya gotta knock me around some to get me to figure it out.... lol

Thanks Chuck.....
© UBB.Developers