UBB.Dev
Posted By: smilesforu Project management - 02/05/2004 11:57 AM
I am looking for some good project management integration software. Anybody using one they integrated with threads?

I am looking at http://www.phprojekt.com/ right now. I might need to commission somebody to help integrate this one or similar. Anyway still looking for advice before I commit the time required for this project.
Posted By: Astaran Re: Project management - 02/05/2004 2:44 PM
It depends a bit on what modules you need, but I prefer moregroupware.
To my mind, the user interface is easier and the new calendar module uses iCal
http://moregroupware.sourceforge.net/
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Project management - 02/17/2004 4:39 AM
Astaran I got the moregroupware all setup... now I would like to integrate the ubbt. Can you point me in the right direction or a script? Thanks
Posted By: Astaran Re: Project management - 02/17/2004 3:02 PM
What do you want to do?

You could use the ubbthreads user table for authentication.
You'lll have to add some fields to it and change the /include/auth/sql.inc.php of moregroupware to use this table.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Project management - 02/17/2004 9:13 PM
I would like the threads users to be able to help with projects. Using the entire database of users from threads as authentication for the groupware.
Posted By: Astaran Re: Project management - 02/17/2004 9:46 PM
Have a look at the file mentioned above and the structure of the build in mgw users table.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Project management - 02/17/2004 10:49 PM
Code
 <?php<br />/* $Id: sql.inc.php,v 1.9 2003/09/27 17:01:08 k-fish Exp $ */<br /><br />function authentify_user($user, $pass, $encrypted_pwd=''){<br />    global $conn;<br /><br />    if ($encrypted_pwd == '') $encrypted_pwd = md5($pass);<br /><br />    $sql = "SELECT id FROM mgw_users WHERE username=".$conn->QMagic($user)." AND pw=".$conn->QMagic($encrypted_pwd);<br />    if(!$res = $conn->Execute($sql)) exit(showSQLerror($sql, $conn->ErrorMsg(), __LINE__, __FILE__));<br /><br />    return $res->NumRows();<br />}<br />?> 

And the tables use mgw_users then passes the "username" and "pw"

id username lastname firstname occupation workloc birthday sex privstreet privcode privcity privregio privcountry privmobil privtel privemail privhobby mobil telephone email skintheme pw lang level lu_user lu_date lastin is_ldap

My coding skills are suspect but can do a mean copy and paste.
Posted By: Astaran Re: Project management - 02/17/2004 11:10 PM
If you have the moregroupware tables in the database as the threads ones, you can simply modify the query.

SELECT U_Number FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username=".$conn->QMagic($user)." AND U_Password=".$conn->QMagic($encrypted_pwd);

The next thing you'll have to do is to add all fields to the threads table that mgw needs. I didn't integrate my installation into ubbthreads because I have no need for it. So I can't give you a ready solution. I'll have to look into it first.
Posted By: smilesforu Users - 02/18/2004 11:35 PM
Can I just let users register with this one without manually adding them.. I don't see that setting.

I have decided to go with another project software. User interface a bit easier to use for my members. Thanks for the help astaran
Posted By: Astaran Re: Users - 02/19/2004 3:07 AM
You would need to modify your newuser.php to achieve this.

[]
I have decided to go with another project software. User interface a bit easier to use for my members. Thanks for the help astaran [/]
May I ask which one?
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Users - 02/19/2004 9:36 AM
egroup
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Users - 02/19/2004 11:34 AM
I am lost in the sea of to much info..lol I want to have communtiy involvement in projects so I need to make it super easy for them to join in. If not then I spend all my time as a help desk.

Looking at maybe tikiwiki too.. I am lost on my direction decision. Would love to have a full wiki as a addon for threads.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Users - 02/19/2004 10:41 PM
Astaran your about right for the project and other module interfaces. They look pretty snazzy with the other modules added in but the project section is the best of what I have found.

Guess my fear of playing with the threads database is staring me in the face .
© UBB.Developers