UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dr. Teeth using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 09/29/2004 5:34 PM
I used an older version of IIP for my 6.4 ubb threads, and am now using JCDex 5 for my 6.5 threads, which has a unique, allbeit similar, entrance page.

I'd like to still use the "shout box" function from IIP on my new JCDex entrance page. Is this possible? And, if so, how would I go about implementing it?

Thanks
Posted By: JoshPet Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 09/29/2004 5:57 PM
The shout box is dependant on IIP - but I think JC had/offered/sold his own version of a shout box for JCDex.
Posted By: Dr. Teeth Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 09/29/2004 6:17 PM
He did, but he said it is unfortunately no longer available.

I was hoping a hybrid could be developed between the two, since JCDex can dynamically pull in custom pal-like boxes.
Posted By: scroungr Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 09/29/2004 9:28 PM
not without extensive rewriting.. most variables are pulled from the IIP source files ..
Posted By: J.C. Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 10/02/2004 12:00 AM
Essentially a standalone shoutbox script(s) was all I used, then modified it to use the threads login etc.. working on a new one as I have time.
Posted By: Cro Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 10/12/2004 4:42 AM
im not exactly sure what u guys r talking about, but ive implemented the shoutbox from the IIP to the JCs tamplets, and it works...
Posted By: J.C. Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 10/13/2004 5:12 AM
[]Cro said:
im not exactly sure what u guys r talking about, but ive implemented the shoutbox from the IIP to the JCs tamplets, and it works... [/]

Kewl!
Posted By: drkknght Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 11/23/2004 7:55 AM
heya cro ... do you happen to have a link to your boards?

or could you share how to set up the combo?

i love jcdex, but would love a return visit from my good pal "shout box" and "front page polls"
Posted By: drkknght Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 11/30/2004 9:33 AM
bah.

i keep trying to almalgam the two and can't, with various amounts of failure

all i really want from IIP is:

1) the shout box
2) the ability to show a poll on the homepage
3) the ability to select the index.php entrance page as the users start up page

but i think installing IIP to get these features will wipe out my jcdex features
Posted By: scroungr Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 12/01/2004 5:13 AM
then go backwards to an earlier version of IIP...
Posted By: drkknght Re: using IIP-styled shout box with JCDex - 12/01/2004 5:16 AM
iip 5.5 would mix with the new jcdex?
© UBB.Developers