UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team Cobalt Raq Server - 11/26/1999 5:59 AM
Anyone familiar with successful installation and use of wwwthreads and mySQL on the Cobalt Raq servers? (they are Linux, of course) I am contemplating such a set-up for a client project. There are a few postings on these forums touching this topic (do a search for 'cobalt') but few solid replies are offered. Seems the Cobalt Raq is a strike-out...

Posted By: The Team Re: Cobalt Raq Server - 11/29/1999 4:06 PM
I havent been able to get it to work yet. The msql-mysql modules component fails (possibly due to a floating point problem with MIPS processors) on the Raqs and Qubes. You may want to get a RAQ3 with an ix86 processor so that this will work. Seems a big expense to go to just for wwwthreads.

I have asked Scream to supply instructions on getting postgresql working with wwthreads. This is aparently more likely to work.

Lets hope..

Posted By: bsrinivas Re: Cobalt Raq Server - 12/21/1999 5:54 AM
Hi

I have installed WWWTHREADS and MYSQL on the RAQ machine with out any problem. Once in a while I do see problem with MySQL which drains the resources, and I just restart the MySQL every time this happens. I was wondering why this is happening, may be your thread kind of answers this. But so far, I do not see any problems from wwwthreads itself.

-Srinivas
© UBB.Developers