UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team Windows server 2000 instalation - 03/22/2001 4:50 PM
Can anyone teel me if there is any document on the internet talking about how to install windows 2000 server?

Posted By: The Team Re: Windows server 2000 instalation - 03/22/2001 5:57 PM
I'm running Windows2000 Server for my home network. Before I installed it, I purchased Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Administrator's Companion (approx $70 or less) and read through the beginning chapters. But when install time came, I just put the cd in and followed directions and had little need for the book at that time (believe me, I've used it a lot since then). Like all new os's, I had to re-install quite a few times before I felt comfortable with it. Also, it's more of a memory hog than NT4.0 was, I would recommend no less than 256M of RAM. One important note: If your computer won't boot from the cd rom, you'll have to order floppies from Microsoft. I think they're free (probably the only thing MS gives away). Also, make sure your "C" drive (1st physical drive) is your only drive available during install; I have 4 hd's in my system, and each install wanted to put the os in a new partition, generally the 1st partition of a different physical drive, so I finally had to disconnect all extra drives first. Keep in mind I'm also very new with server software, so I may have approached the install a bit clumsily. All in all though, it's a great os, heads-and-shoulders above NT4.0, and I am able to understand and use it a little bit better than Linux, or FreeBSD, or other Unix flavors, of which I'm still on the low side of the learning curve.

http://www.yourvacationdreams.com
© UBB.Developers