UBB.Dev
Posted By: Aglavalin CREATE TABLE error - 09/17/2002 11:52 AM
I am in the final steps of testing a new hack for ubbt to let moderators add users to selected groups, but I am getting some errors while creating a new table with the SQL Command box in the admin menu. The table is created correctly, and is usable, but gives the following error:

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.newoutriders.org\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 155

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.newoutriders.org\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 121

Anyone have any ideas? I am using this SQL command, which is copied from Max's Calendar 3.0 hack (which gives the same error btw)

code:

CREATE TABLE w3t_groupmods (
GM_Username varchar(30) NOT NULL,
GM_AddGroup tinyint(3) DEFAULT '3' NOT NULL,
GM_RemoveGroup varchar(1) NOT NULL,
KEY GM_Username (GM_Username)
);

Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: CREATE TABLE error - 09/17/2002 2:27 PM
I got the same warnings when I tried that query with 6.1b2. The warnings do not occur if I do the query with phpMyAdmin or with the mysql command on the server.

I think the problem is that the script is attempting to display the query results, but the CREATE query does not produce any results. "CREATE" probably needs to be added to the list of commands for which results are not displayed.

In admin/dbdocommand.php:

if (!preg_match("/DELETE|INSERT|UPDATE|REPLACE|ALTER/i",$command)) {

Reported as bug.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: CREATE TABLE error - 09/17/2002 8:10 PM
OK, well I guess my syntax is correct, so I'll keep this code and advise people to expect and then ignore the error in the hack directions.

Thanks Dave_L!
© UBB.Developers