UBB.Dev
Posted By: JJS Help with a recurring MYSQL error. - 11/04/2002 1:43 AM
For the third time in the last three weeks, Threads has generated the following MYSQL errors which usuall occur in conjunction:

Unable to save results LNO 97 mysql.inc.php

and

Supplied agrument not a valid response LNO 121 mysql.inc.php

To correct it I do the following:

REPAIR TABLE w3t_Posts
REPAIR TABLE w3t_Messages
REPAIR TABLE w3t_Favorites

Trying to run the first command results in a timeout error. The other two seem to correct things but only temporarily. Any suggestions as to how I can keep this problem from re-occurring?

MySQL is pretty much Greek to me so the more specific you can be with your responses the more helpful it will be.

Thanks.

Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Help with a recurring MYSQL error. - 11/04/2002 8:28 AM
Do you have access to run myisamchk?
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Help with a recurring MYSQL error. - 11/05/2002 1:53 AM
If your getting a timeout error while running that command from the ubbt admin sql bix, then you either need to increase the timeout in the config file, or better yet, run it from the command line. If your posts table is big, and most are, the repair will take way longer than 30 seconds. This should work if you got telnet access and permissions in the /mysql/data/YOURDATABASE directory where the table is located.
Posted By: JJS Re: Help with a recurring MYSQL error. - 11/07/2002 11:19 AM
Dave:

I ran the myisamchk -r * utility and when I went to log back on the Threads it returned a ton of sql errors. So I then went to the command line and ran the "repair table" command and that seemed to clear things up---for now at least.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Help with a recurring MYSQL error. - 11/07/2002 11:44 AM
Hmmm ...

Did you run myisamchk with the check options first to see if there were any errors? Also, note that the myisamchk documentation states that mysqld must not be running at the same time.

But if repair table worked, then maybe that's adequate.
© UBB.Developers