UBB.Dev
Posted By: Hal9000 Host problem - 03/20/2003 7:33 PM
Hi
Recently my host (myacen.com) told me that my site impacting others and so they had to cancel my host account. They provided my with the following information

Code
 25247 mysql 24 0 13156 12M 1376 R 72.9 0.8 0:05 mysqld <br /><br />72.9% of cpu power. <br /><br />5143 | hal9000_admin | localhost | hal9000_forum | Query | 2 | Sending data | <br />SELECT COUNT(*) <br />FROM ubbthreadsPosts <br />WHERE B_Number = B_Main <br />AND B_Approved = |  

I would like to ask you if this script shows anything far from big use of cpu power . I think that this is normal for a large database. They said that a hacked file may causing this behiavour.

What's your opinion?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Host problem - 03/20/2003 9:37 PM
The easiest thing to do is to turn on the debugging info and watch the number of queries and time involved at the bottom of every page in your forum.

IIP can be very intensive if you aren't caching the info... as there's lots of info to lookup, depending on the number of posts/users/forums etc...

Turning the config to "partial" new post tracking, instead of "full" will save (I think) 2 queries per forum on the main index as well.
Posted By: msula Re: Host problem - 03/22/2003 6:17 PM
I know Maycen, and from what I know I doubt they would lie to cancel an account. How big of a site do you have and how many users are usually online? Depending on their hardware configuration a large site with 50-100 users online all the time can be fairly taxing on a single CPU site with not much RAM.

I know my site, with 45-80 users online all the time on a PIII 1.2ghz machine with a gig of ram on a semi-dedicated server of mine was essentially eating up about 80% of server resources at peak times. So I moved it to a more powerful server that is completely decdicated, and even then it is still using a good chunk of the CPU power.

© UBB.Developers