UBB.Dev
Posted By: omegatron Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 1:23 AM
Okay I see all kinds of tweaking for 4.012 but not a whole lot on 3.23 any things to make sure MYSQL stays on top of its game.
Posted By: omegatron Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 1:59 AM
This is my my.cnf file

#Added by HostDirector Plugin Installer -- Don't remove -- begin
skip-networking

#Added by HostDirector Plugin Installer -- Don't remove -- end
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = thread_stack=128K
#log
[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M
[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
[isamchk]
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 11:06 AM
BTW - What version are you running, as you really ought top be on 3.23.56 as earlier versions have big vunerabilities.

But I agree yes, I am not sure what is the best set up for it.

Hmmm... just looked at mine - and I have virtually nothing in mine - or am I looking at the wrong file? In fact I have none of the settings listed above

Posted By: omegatron Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 12:08 PM
It is 3.23.56

Yeah it is funny as I was quite shocked as you are too. My my.cnf file is exactly what you see above except I removed the access information

There are so many things one could set or tweak so I thought I would ask the above question. There seems to be alot of tweaks for the new MYSQL for performance enhancement.
Posted By: indy Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 1:31 PM
Hi,

at first, you should increase your key buffer.
The value should be the size of your MYI files plus 32 MB.

If you need a greater performance, I can tune your my.cnf
especially for your server ;-)

So long...

Indy
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 3:38 PM
My my.cnf doesn't contain one single line that your does

Mind you just discovered that my httpd.conf had the wrong root in it for files - so none of my htaccess files were working.

Posted By: navaho Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 7:33 PM
So, if I have a table that is 1 gig in size and thus has a MYI that is ~ 1 gig I want to have a key buffer that is more than 1 gig?
Posted By: indy Re: Best MYSQL 3.2.3 settings for Threads - 05/20/2003 11:04 PM
You should run optimize table before.
And then you will see the real size used for the index.

And then, if you want to gat a low cache miss rate, you should set this size for your key buffer.
But remember, there are more than one tables ;-D

So long...

Indy
© UBB.Developers