UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pilgrim Admin database backup utility doesn't work - 12/27/2003 3:58 AM
I'm running ubbthreads 6.4 and MySQL 3.23.

I can do a successful database backup using a shell command, but the Admin database backup utility doesn't. Running that utility returns a typical error which reads:

[:"red"]w3t_AddressBook.sql is 0 bytes or did not get created.[/]

Out of curiosity, I looked through the "admin/dbbackup.php" file and it references an "admin/dodbbackup.php" file. Looking through my forum/admin directory, this file does not exist.

That's the total extent of my knowledge of MySQL and the situation. Can someone give me a hand trying to get the Admin database backup utility to work, please?

Thanks,

Jeff
Usually this doesn't work unless you've got a dedicated server. You do need access to the mysqldump command via the command line.... which is sounds like you have.

Beyond that, make sure your path to the mysqldump command is correct in your config file.

dodbbackup.php should be in your admin directory and is included in the 6.4 distribution. You'd probably have file not found errors without it.

Make sure the path where the files are being written to is writable, so that the files can be

If all that's correct, then *if* it will work on your server, it should work. But again, depending on server setup, you can't always do this operation via the web. In those cases, you'll have to either do the backup via the command line, or use something like phpMyAdmin.
© UBB.Developers