UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pappy Have any Red Hat Users switched to Fedora? - 12/29/2003 11:18 PM
I am in the process changing my servers over to Fedora since after the first of the new year redhat will no longer be supporting my version of Linux (and the next version up is no longer supported after April I think.

If you are using Fedora how did your install go and did you have any major issues to work out?

Thanks in advance
I did an in-place upgrade from 7.2 to Fedora 1 ... I cheated by using that other third party package manager that begins with a y that I can't remember... yam?

All my custom compiled software broke, as I expected it to. As a result, the box was left without Apache, PHP, MySQL, qmail, and pretty much anything else of use.

Oops.

The box has since become a test platform for Gentoo 1.4, which I'm pretty happy with...
At this present minute since I have a few months left to decide I am not sure who will get my next dime
Posted By: msula Re: Have any Red Hat Users switched to Fedora? - 12/30/2003 5:56 AM
*sigh*

This whole redhat issue gives me a headache... I'm still trying to decide what is going to happen. I hate computers.
yest he runs a Webhosting Service
© UBB.Developers