UBB.Dev
Posted By: steelhead Board down - 02/06/2004 5:18 AM
i was gone all day. the board was up and running fine. I looked at it when I got home and it was fine. I didnt do anything and logged off. I cam back to the board an hour later and it wont let me on and gives me this.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 35
SQL ERROR: Thu, Feb 05 2004 19:10:43 -0800 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 107
SQL ERROR: Thu, Feb 05 2004 19:10:43 -0800 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 133

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 107

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 133

Any ideas what happened or how to fix it?

Help.
Posted By: J.C. Re: Board down - 02/06/2004 5:22 AM
"Can't connect to local MySQL" usually means your database is down. What is the exact error? (Check your mysql error log).
Posted By: steelhead Re: Board down - 02/06/2004 5:42 AM
A whole bunch of the same:
[Thu Feb 5 19:34:58 2004] [error] PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 107
[Thu Feb 5 19:34:58 2004] [error] PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/proguide/public_html/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 133

This is what 107 looks like in the file:
$this->sth = mysql_query($query,$this->dbh);

And this is 133:
$this->row = mysql_fetch_array($sth);

Qualityfishing.net
Posted By: steelhead Re: Board down - 02/06/2004 5:52 AM
When I go to my control panel with vertexhost.com, and click
MySQL Databases, it shows no databases. Whats up with that?
Posted By: steelhead Re: Board down - 02/06/2004 6:03 AM
I beleave maybe vertexhost is down. I got error messages when I go to the http://www.vertexhost.com/support area there. I see this

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/vertex/public_html/support/admin/database/db_core.php on line 157
MySQL Error: ()

Could this be because my databases are down?
Posted By: msula Re: Board down - 02/06/2004 6:20 AM
Sorry for the downtime this evening. A small upgrade that should have lasted 10 minutes turned into a major ordeal due to an incompatibility. Things are currently being worked on and should be resolved shortly, with even improved speed
Posted By: steelhead Re: Board down - 02/06/2004 6:25 AM
You scared the ?? out of me. All I say was no databases. good to know whey will be back.

Mods, feel free to deleate this thread.
© UBB.Developers