UBB.Dev
Posted By: contemptx cannot access large database - online game - 08/24/2004 2:22 PM
im having trouble accessing my database.

i have an online game pimpattack.com

and at first i could easily access the db and edit it etc.. but now when i try to access it via phpmyadmin i can login but when i try to enter the database it times out.

i have asked techs to look at my server and they said they cannot access the database via command console either.

i have tryed using a few programs here that are supposed to help in accessing a database that times out.

i need to access the database to run the game.

any help would be much appreciated, even if i can just get in to backup the database that would be good.

Thankyou in advance
Posted By: mstram Re: cannot access large database - online game - 08/24/2004 7:18 PM
Are you running the database server on your own machine? Or is a web hosting company running the server?

Something must have changed somewhere, tracking it down is the trick : login id's ?, database server settings ?

Have your techs generated an error log? What kind of errors (if any) are in there.

Check the docs on how to generate a debug log for the mysql command line client.

Mike
Posted By: isaac Re: cannot access large database - online game - 08/25/2004 12:02 AM

REPAIR TABLE `YOUR_TABLE_NAME`

That should repair your damaged table and allow you to get back into it - I'm guessing that you are running an older version of phpAdmin such as 2.2.x (or anything PRIOR to 2.5.x)

I hope this helps

...notes, if your DB is HUGE and the server is SLOW, you may have to run that command a few times to get it back on track
© UBB.Developers