UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Previewing style sheets - 01/01/2003 5:40 PM
Is anyone working on providing an easier way to preview style sheets?

Ideally, what I'd like is a page with four panes, arranged like this:

Code
|A|B| <br />|C|D|

A and B would each contain a menu or radio button group for selecting a style sheet. The style sheet selected in A would be previewed in C. The style sheet selected in B would be previewed in D.

This would not only allow a quick, easy way of previewing the style sheets, but would allow them to be compared in pairs, which would be very helpful when you're trying to decide between two sheets.

This doesn't have to be hooked into the threads script. It could be an addon script that reads the threads stylesheets directory, and uses "canned" HTML for doing the previews.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/01/2003 5:49 PM
Hey Dave that's a great idea. The script wouldn't be to complicated. I'll put this together today. It will help things in here greatly.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/01/2003 5:59 PM
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/01/2003 6:21 PM
oohhhh.. thanks
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/06/2003 4:13 PM
I put something together but haven't documented it yet. When viewing your display prefs you can select your style sheet from the drop down menu and click the view button to see the style sheet in use. Right now the display only shows a standard ubbthreads.php layout. I intend on tacking postlist.php and perhaps "my home" on also to give a good example of the styles being used.

Also, style sheets (.css) that are attached to a post have a [view] link next to the subject as well.
Posted By: Lunatik Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/08/2003 8:58 PM
Is this mod gonna be available for beta testing soon?
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/10/2003 12:46 AM
As soon as I document and release it.
Posted By: RandyJG Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/24/2003 10:24 PM
Are there any pages that make use of all the classes in their intended use, that can be used when designing a new style?
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/25/2003 7:47 AM
No there is no one specific page that uses all of the classes. I am however making some updated color maps for the .threads documentation that will make it easier to see where what goes.
Posted By: cstaber Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 1:11 AM
That'll be nice...does anyone truely know every single class threads uses?
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 1:44 AM
I think I'll be able to answer this "yes" in a couple of days. LoL
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 4:10 AM
I also await that mod for the display prefs where users can preview their stylesheet.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 4:18 AM
Ok Ok Ok

If I don't get time to write it up yet tonight I'll have it out by lunch tomorrow.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 4:35 AM
LOL

Not pushing... just looking forward to us.

If threads ever has the ignore ability... Dave will be ignorning me for sure. LOL I always want want want.

Hey Dave, that reminds me.... did you get to ......

Never mind.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 5:25 AM
What about my original suggestion above of seeing two style sheets side by side?
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 6:42 AM
This opens a new window for each style sheet. You can compare a bunch at once if needed.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 3:27 PM
Dave,

If you want email me the modification or the files affected and I can document it for you, since I have some time on my hands right now.

Warm regards

Nikos
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/27/2003 8:40 PM
Thanks Nikos

This is a real simple mod though. I forgot all about getting it out by lunch... lol I'm doing it right now. Will be posted shortly.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/28/2003 1:26 AM
Hope this is usefull

https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...;fpart=&vc=&Main=66517#Post66517
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Previewing style sheets - 01/28/2003 2:58 AM
You da man.
© UBB.Developers