UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gardener PM-Reply 1.1 beta1 (for 6.1.0) - 08/04/2002 8:56 PM
Mod Name / Version PM-Reply 1.1 beta1
Description Adds a new post extra function to make a reply to the post in a PM.
Working under UBB.threads 6.1.0
Any pre-requisites None
Author(s) Gardener
Credits None
Demo None
Files Altered ubbt.inc.php, showthreaded.php, showflat.php, sendprivate.php, sendmessage.php, templates/default/showthreaded.tmpl, templates/default/showflat.tmpl, templates/default/sendmessage.tmpl, templates/default/sendprivat.tmpl languages/generic.php
Database Altered No
New Files showpost.php
Any other info None

CHANGES
PM-Reply 1.1 beta1 includes a link to the link to the post that the PM is in reply to in the PM.

This post is updated with the newest version of this script.

Attached File
53558-PM-Reply-1_1beta1.zip  (228 downloads)
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 08/04/2002 9:28 PM
Cool idea gardener
Posted By: JustDave Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 08/04/2002 9:47 PM
I like this idea... very nice!
Posted By: WrÅith Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 08/13/2002 2:16 AM
Hey Gardener:

In your instructions you have the following:

code:
Step 3
Open up the file showflat.php and find these lines (at ~876):
$postrow[$i]['notifylinkstart'] = "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/notifymod.php?Cat=$Cat&Board=$Board&Number=$Number&page=$page&view=$view&sb=$sb&o=$o&vc=1&fpart=$fpart&what=showflat">";
$postrow[$i]['notifylinkstop'] = "</a>";

Add these lines AFTER:
$postrow[$i]['sendpmlinkstart'] = "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/sendprivate.php?Cat=$Cat&User=$EUsername">";
$postrow[$i]['sendpmlinkstop'] = "</A>";

Assuming you wish to have the subject of the private message response be the same as a reply to the post, you should change the instructions to read as follows:

code:
Step 3
Open up the file showflat.php and find these lines (at ~876):
$postrow[$i]['notifylinkstart'] = "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/notifymod.php?Cat=$Cat&Board=$Board&Number=$Number&page=$page&view=$view&sb=$sb&o=$o&vc=1&fpart=$fpart&what=showflat">";
$postrow[$i]['notifylinkstop'] = "</a>";

Add these lines AFTER:
$postrow[$i]['sendpmlinkstart'] = "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/sendprivate.php?Cat=$Cat&User=$EUsername&Subject=Re: $tsubject">";
$postrow[$i]['sendpmlinkstop'] = "</A>";

Basically I just added the &Subject=Re: $tsubject to the first part so it will pass the subject through. Otherwise, good hack! I know it will be appreciated by my members.
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 08/13/2002 3:17 AM
Thanks for the fix, I don't use Flat mode that often so I didn't see that the subject was missing in the link there. I will add this to the instructions before I release it as a finished mod.
Posted By: spiffy Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 09/18/2002 4:16 PM
I installed this in 6.0.3 and it seemed to work, but when I tried to send the PM I got the error that

"We have no record for the Username that you are trying to send this message to."

even though the correct Username had been automatically entered into the form textbox.

Anyone any ideas please?
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 09/18/2002 5:01 PM
Are there any strange characters in the user name? Is it not working for any username at all?
Posted By: spiffy Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 09/18/2002 8:45 PM
Hi, Gardener, yes I've got the 'Allow special characters in usernames' option enabled because as a legacy I had to allow '.' full-stops in the usernames. Is there any way round this that you know of? (e.g. my username is VLE.Tech)

thanks for your help.
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 09/19/2002 5:55 PM
That might be the problem, although I haven't checked it yet, I will try to find the problem as soon as I get the time.

If you could try with some other usernames in the meantime that would be great. It will be much easier to track down if I know if it is the same all the time for you or if only for a few usernames.
Posted By: spiffy Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 09/23/2002 5:32 PM
Please ignore my point above re the hack not working on my boards. This was due to a silly mistake I made when editing the template.

Sorry and thanks for your help.
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta (for 6.0.2) - 09/23/2002 6:08 PM
Thanks, that's good to know.
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta3 (for 6.1.0) - 11/13/2002 3:11 AM
The instructions for this hack has been updated to work with threads v6.1.0. It should probably work with 6.1.1 as well.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: PM-Reply 1.0beta3 (for 6.1.0) - 11/18/2002 3:52 AM
Just installed this on someone's board.

Very nice! Thanks Gardener!
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.1 beta1 (for 6.1.0) - 11/21/2002 7:28 AM
I've updated this script, it now adds a link back to the post which the PM is in reply to. The new version is attached to the first post of this thread.
Posted By: isaac Re: PM-Reply 1.1 beta1 (for 6.1.0) - 07/23/2004 9:46 PM
with a bit of hacking, i got this to work for my 6.2/6.5 hybrid board..... but I wouldn't suggest any newB attempt it.

I really like this idea! and took it a step further, now all the fields in the PM form are automatically filled-in with the forum info

Thanks for the templates Gardner - awesome work!!
Posted By: Gardener Re: PM-Reply 1.1 beta1 (for 6.1.0) - 07/24/2004 2:15 AM
Glad you like it!
© UBB.Developers