UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gardener [6.0.x] BoardImage 2.1 - 08/07/2002 7:12 PM
Mod Name / Version BoardImage 2.1
Description Adds board and category specific images on main index page and on the postlist page.
Working under UBB.threads 6.0.1
Any pre-requisites None
Author(s) Gardener
Credits JustDave for doing it first, omegatron for wanting it public (and the live demo), canvey for wanting the category image as well and ghubbell for wanting the image on the postlist page.
Demo See attached screenshot, or this link: http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
Files Altered ubbthreads.tmpl, ubbt.inc.php, postlist.php, postlist.tmpl
Database Altered No
New Files None
Any other info Please report any problems you might have and I'll try to fix them as soon as possible. I don't use this myself but I hope it works and that you might find it useful.

Attached File
53697-BoardImage-2_1.zip  (100 downloads)
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: BoardImage 2.1 - 08/09/2002 8:18 AM
I like this one myself It looks great when implemented right
Posted By: Gardener Re: BoardImage 2.1 - 08/09/2002 12:22 PM
Yeah, it looks good when there are few boards, like on the chattersonline test site. =] I think my own forum list would be too cluttered with images since there are so many forums. But I'm waiting to see if our graphics person can do some magic, he usually can when he gets the time.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: BoardImage 2.1 - 09/14/2002 12:26 AM
This hack works fine on 6.1
Posted By: caspe7_dup1 Re: BoardImage 2.1 - 09/28/2002 8:08 PM
I've got a question/request..

I like having the image for some forums, but the image moves the text link over, making look not as good. What I want to do is if theres a image, then disable the text link, but if theres no image for a forum then let it show the text link.

Example: http://www.prowrestlingforum.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

See how the WWE forum has only the image and the description, thats what I want mine to do. I've cheated that forum and made the title a space, witch isn't good to keep, mainly because after 10 forums of a space, it will be hard to edit those forums and can't tell where people are on whos online

Any ideas on how this could be done?
Posted By: foppen Re: [6.0.x] BoardImage 2.1 - 02/24/2004 11:18 PM
Does anyone know if this will work with 6.3?
I can't get it to work!
It looked rather nice on my old board.
Posted By: scroungr Re: [6.0.x] BoardImage 2.1 - 02/24/2004 11:56 PM
upgrade to 6.4 it's built into in 6.4
Posted By: foppen Re: [6.0.x] BoardImage 2.1 - 02/25/2004 1:09 PM
Yeah, ok, in that case I have to renew my license.
I wanted to stop at this point but I think it will be a never ending story.
I will think about it!
Anyway, thanks for youre answer!
Posted By: scroungr Re: [6.0.x] BoardImage 2.1 - 02/25/2004 3:32 PM
actually if you were gonna upgrade anyways 6.4.1 is worth the renewwal. 6.5 ahh thats more for the admin but 6.4.1 is definitly worth the download.
© UBB.Developers