UBB.Dev
Posted By: JoshPet [6.x] Private Messages via Email 1.0 - 09/20/2002 7:59 AM
Mod Name / Version: Private Messages Via Email 1.0

Description: This hack expands the notification of Private Messages via email by showing you the actual message, and who it is from inside the email. A Great way to keep up with your PMs when you don't have time to browse the site, and an excellent way to save PMs before they are purged from the database by the admins. Also changes the subject of the email to contain the actual subject of the PM as I sometimes have 50 "You Have New Messages" messages.

Example: Instead of generic emails... Private Message Email notifications will now look like this:
[]
You have received a private message on the board at MEASURECTION.com. You can go to http://www.measurection.com/test/login.php to view it.

****DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. YOU MUST REPLY USING THE PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM AT THE SITE.****

*************************************************************************************************
Subject: Hello Josh!
Hey Josh,

How have you been doing?

I just wanted to tell you that all the improvements here at the site are AWESOME!! I visit another board, using this same software....and it sucks. These tweaks and hacks as you call them are just plain Awesome!!!

Thanks for all you do! I will be sending another donation check shortly.
Love You Guys,
Jakub

*************************************************************************************************

****DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. YOU MUST REPLY USING THE PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM AT THE SITE.****

Working under: 6.1, 6.0.x (tested under 6.1... but should work fine under 6.0.x)

Any pre-requisites: none

Author(s): JoshPet from www.MEASURECTION.com
       for discussions and bugs go to www.ubbdev.com

Date: 9/20/02

Credits: I've wanted this forever...finally learned enough about PHP Mail to do it.

Files Altered: sendmessage.php, mess_reply.php

Database Altered: No.

New Files: none

Notes: Very simple hack. IMHO, Should be a standard threads feature.

Attached File
56939-PMsViaEmail1.0.txt  (36 downloads)
Posted By: JoshPet Re: [6.x] Private Messages via Email 1.0 - 12/26/2002 10:19 AM
Updated for version 6.2 here. Closing this thread.
© UBB.Developers