CREDITS: none
DEMO: none
FILES ALTERED: adduser.php, newuser.php
DATABASE ALTERED: yes
NEW FILES: none

HISTORY:
2002-12-31 Dave_L - 1.0.0 Original release

ABSTRACT

The birthdate a user provides when registering is stored in the database.

The setting "Check the user's age before creating an account?" must be set to "yes" in the config settings.

The information stored in the database isn't actually displayed or used anywhere. These columns were added to preserve information imported from UBB.classic, so I figured I might as well store the info for new users.

Attached File
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Grab Birthdate - 12/31/2002 11:36 AM
This is a nice modification Dave. Thanks.

I was wondering if we could merge this one with Josh's Profile Birthday modification.

If we do so then I guess we need to make some modifications in the editbasic files but also allow users to show their birthday to other users as a whole or partially without the year. You have catered for the show/hide feature already. The reason that I am mentioning this is because I have a lot of women in my site who are not that thrilled to show their real age to the others and I would rather see the month and the date and allow them to hide the year. - I hope I am making some sense here

I will start working on this in a couple of weeks when I have my site fully upgraded into 6.2 (currently moving servers)

Warm regards

Nikos
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Grab Birthdate - 12/31/2002 8:48 PM
I'll update my directions to grab the birthday from this process and insert into those fields.
© UBB.Developers