UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lunatik [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 01/03/2003 5:41 PM
Mod Name: Subscriber Emailer 2.0

Description: Sends emails to subscribers when a post is made instead of a daily archive.

Author: Lunatik
Date: 01/03/2003
Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.2
Files Modified: addpost.php
Databases Modified: None

Version Notes:
- Table Prefix Variable added so its no longer hardcoded to w3t_

Attached File
Posted By: Lunatik Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 01/03/2003 9:09 PM
I forgot to add this in the instructions.

edit languages/editemail.php

and change

$ubbt_lang['SUB_STAT'] = "Subscription status for the following forums. (Receive a daily archive of all posts to this forum via your Real email address.)";

to

$ubbt_lang['SUB_STAT'] = "Subscription status for the following forums. (Receive an email on all posts to this forum via your Real email address.)";
Posted By: slayer60 Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 11/05/2003 9:10 PM
This mod for instant subscriptions works for 6.3
Posted By: slayer60 Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 11/05/2003 11:05 PM
When this hack sends a copy of the post it just sends the text of the post. What would I need to do to get it to include a file attachment if the post contains an attachment?
Posted By: Geoff Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 03/30/2004 11:11 PM
Whoops, I posted on the wrong thread. Please ignore.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 09/09/2004 8:53 PM
I tried applying this to 6.4.4. When you submit the post it gives the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: headers() in /home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/addpost.php on line 1056

It does enter the post, but it doesn't send the email and it just sits on the white screen with the error. Anyone know what needs to be updated for 6.4?
Posted By: slayer60 Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 09/13/2004 6:21 PM
Could someone please glance at this. I'm sure its a simple fix for someone with real skillz.

I'd be ever so gratefull...
Posted By: slayer60 Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 09/17/2004 10:43 PM
Okay, by removing this line:
Code
<br />    $header = $mailer -> headers(); <br />

It allows the script to finish and send out the email. The only problem with it now is that its from is "Nobody" and the email address that its from is []nobody@myserver.[/] Could someone please tell me how to adjust this so that it is coming from my admin email address again?
Posted By: Astaran Re: [6.2] Subscriber Emailer 2.0 Hack - 12/02/2004 2:51 AM
Search in the instructions for:
Code
<br />$to = $Mailto;<br />    $mailer = new mailer;<br />    $header = $mailer -> headers(); <br />    $subject = "New Post To $Title from $postername";<br />    $msg = "$postername has posted a message to $Title: $newline{$config['phpurl']}/showthreaded.php?Cat=$Cat&Board=$Board&Number=$Mnumber$newline${newline}------Message Below------${newline}Subject: $FormSubject${newline}${newline}Message:$newline$EmailBody";<br /><br />    mail("$to","$subject",$msg,$header);<br />

Replace with:
Code
<br /> $to = $Mailto;<br /> $mailer = new mailer;<br /> $subject = "New Post To $Title from $postername";<br /> $msg = "$postername has posted a message to $Title: $newline{$config['phpurl']}/showthreaded.php?Cat=$Cat&Board=$Board&Number=$Mnumber$newline${newline}------Message Below------${newline}Subject: $FormSubject${newline}${newline}Message:$newline$EmailBody";<br /> $mailer -> send_mail("","",$to,$subject,$msg);<br />
© UBB.Developers