UBB.Dev
Posted By: Maze [6.2] New posts to same topic while I'm replying? - 01/07/2003 11:21 PM
Sorry for the name of the hack - couldn't find a better one

Mod Name / Version - New posts to same topic while I'm replying? v1.1

Working Under - ubb.threads 6.2

Description - If a user replys to a post and in the meantime new posts are added to the same topic, then a message is shown on the preview page. The message contains the username of the poster, the time and a link to the new reply.
Even if the user does not preview his post, he is taken to the preview screen if a new reply was added in the meantime.

Why? - Useful if two users reply to a topic at the same time. The slower user gets informed about the post added in the meantime.

Pre-requisites - none

Author - Maze

Files Altered - addpost.php, newreply.php, addpost_preview.tmpl, newreply.tmpl, /languages/XXXX/addpost.php

Database Altered - no

New Files - none

Attached File
Very neat idea. Thanks.
Updated instructions completely. There was one bug after previewing a post more than once.

New Feature: Even if you dont want to preview your post and there is a new reply in the meantime it stops adding it to the database and gives you the preview screen with the message.
Maze,
Thanks - I've just downloaded this and will see how it goes. This is a major problem on fast moving Q & A sites, plus will no doubt reduce the standard 6 additional replies between the two who posted the same answer. You beat me by 2 seconds Oh look our answers are the same! and so on...

Thanks again,

Gord
Updated this hack to work with ubb.t 6.3.x

Beta-[6.3] New posts to same topic while I'm replying? v1.2
© UBB.Developers