UBB.Dev
Posted By: msula display user group under their name/avatar - 02/10/2003 7:00 PM
I know there was a hack similar to this previously, but since 6.2 it hasn't been updated, and I'm not one to just blindly try it to see if it works because I don't have the time to tweak it.

But really, user groups are a very major part of my community, so this could be something really used. I don't need group specific graphics or anything, just a simple "Gold Member" under their avatar would be all.
Are you looking to display this in the showflat/showthreaded scripts or just the profiles? It shouldn't be to hard to do since the users table is queried anyhow. Will also need to modify the templates to show the info.

Oops... I missed this Jeremy.

This is a short hop from the user group status flags thing I did.

Clarify a bit and I could pull it together easily.
Posted By: msula Re: display user group under their name/avatar - 02/11/2003 6:55 AM
sorry, should clarify, in the showflat and showthreaded. Could also be shown in the profile, but that isn't as important.

IMO that should be a standard feature, or at least an option to turn on and off, since I know other software has this ability
OK - there are probably more simple ways to do this... using a query to get the group name etc..... I wasn't sure how to deal with multiple groups, etc...

This is down and dirty, simple... knowing you want to note everyone as either Bronze, Silver, or Gold.

I haven't tested.... but it should be fine. Just a quick hop from the profile status flags.

Instructions attached. Let me know how it works for you.

Josh

Attached File
68329-groupname.txt  (193 downloads)
Posted By: msula Re: display user group under their name/avatar - 02/11/2003 8:24 AM
It must be close Josh... but something isn't quite right

I adjusted the appropriate group numbers, and I also wanted it to display under the avatar, so I put it below the Picture area in the template. No problem.

But when I view the forums, members who should have a group listed, it has a blank space, but no text displays. So I can tell it is detecting they have a group and trying to display it, but for some reason nothing is showing up is all.
Is it a problem in showflat or showthreaded?
Sorry to barge in here - but wouldn't it be best if we moved this thread in the VB6 Mods board since Josh made it a mod?
Posted By: msula Re: display user group under their name/avatar - 02/11/2003 5:48 PM
Josh, I only applied it to the showflat.php/tmpl files first, to see if it worked. I can apply it to threaded and see if that works, might help narrow it down.
Jeremy,

Try my attachment above again.

I had something in the wrong place... so after I defined it, it got redefined as empty.

Should work now.
Posted By: msula Re: display user group under their name/avatar - 02/14/2003 1:35 AM
Hey Josh, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. It does work just fine now. Didn't mean to leave you hanging,but its been an insane week. Thanks for the good work
I understand.... took me a day to get back to looking at it.
What is the Mysql command to see what numbers the usergroups are? Would like to put this one to work on my board. Thanks..
SELECT *
FROM w3t_Groups
Thanks Msula for idea was hoping to do something like this for a long time too. Josh nice mod...just need to install
Posted By: msula Re: display user group under their name/avatar - 06/11/2003 5:12 PM
Hey Josh.. just wondering if this mod works with 6.3, and if so, it should be added to the mod index
Posted By: JoshPet Re: display user group under their name/avatar - 01/11/2004 10:18 AM
Updated for 6.4 here:
https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=104685
© UBB.Developers