UBB.Dev
Posted By: msula netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 9:50 PM
As you can see below in the image, netscape is really making my forums look awful. Not ALL versions of netscape, just one or two people have complained and finalyl someone showed me a screenshot.

Hmm...
[]http://www.michiganjeepers.com/photopost/data/500/380netscapeexample.jpg[/]
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 10:25 PM
From my experiences, Netscape has always had issues with table display, and some versions with java script. Perhaps this is what this user is experiencing?

They are on a windows box, tell them to use IE! LOL
Posted By: Grummel_dup1 Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 10:36 PM
posted by Aglavalin:
They are on a windows box, tell them to use IE! LOL

...or a newer version of netscape.
Posted By: msula Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 10:53 PM
Oh I wish.. I'm soooo anti-netscape I try to tell people to use IE instead. There are only a handfull of users using NS, and most of them said "wow, when I use IE everything looks fine" lol.. no kidding
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 11:12 PM
did they say which version of NS? Maybe they could at least upgrade....

When using NS 4.79, I see almost nothing on your index page. Run it through w3's validator ( www.w3.org ) and see where the table problems are.

I don't see any problems in your forum with the threads, ti could be their version of NS there, but you really do need to check out your front page, could be either IIP or PP doing that.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 11:16 PM
Here's something to chew on a few days :

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...tect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

Usually, working on a few things makes a huge difference in there...
Posted By: msula Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 11:23 PM
haha thanks Allen. I had run it through the validator before and I was so scared I locked myself in the bathroom and cried for a week straight

I am starting my forums from scratch when 6.1 comes out, no mods, fresh install like its brand new. Then slowly apply hacks and see what happens.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: netscape troubles - 08/19/2002 11:30 PM

Not sure what's causing the problem with it, it looks like you are only running the IIP on your index page at the present time. Double-check your header and footer for now to make sure they are compliant, that way you'll have an easier time of it come upgrade. It might clear up a lot of your current problems as well.

Make a dummy html page and copy/paste your headerinsert/header/footer into it and run it through the validator.
© UBB.Developers