UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dalantech [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 03/31/2003 11:02 PM
NAME: Facelift for UBB Threads
VERSION: 1.0.0
DESCRIPTION: A template set for Threads that eliminates some of the tbopen and tbclose table wrappers. The stock templates that come with Threads are "table heavy". This set will make your pages look cleaner, and they are even better if you are using table wrapper graphics.

You also get my No Dead Hyperlinks, Compact My Home Template, and Compact Extra Info template modifications in this set. You also get a dosearch template that looks similar to the UBB Classic "Latest Topics" ( Example ).

What you do not get is the Compact Profile Template. There is a profile template included in this set, but it only has some basic changes in it to make it match the theme of this mod.

WORKING UNDER: UBB.threads 6.2.x
PREREQUISITES: YASM 1.0 for the dosearch page. When you install YASM you only need to follow the instructions for editing your dosearch.php file (I've included the template that you need for YASM).
AUTHORS: Dalantech
CREDITS: JustDave for YASM.
DEMO: Da Forum
FILES ALTERED: Almost every file in the templates/default directory.
DATABASE ALTERED: no
NEW FILES: All included in the zip file attached to this post.

HISTORY:
2003-03-31 Dalantech - 1.0.1 Added myhome.tmpl.
2003-04-01 Dalantech - 1.0.2 Updated mess_handler.tmpl, mess_reply.tmpl, and dosearch.tmpl
2003-04-02 Dalantech - 1.0.3 Updated addpost_preview.tmpl

Instructions:

Back up every file in your /templates/default directory (I've edited almost all of them for this mod). Edit your dosearch.php file as per the instructions in YASM 1.0. Then upload the contents of the zip file attached to this post to your /templates/default directory.

Attached File
74608-Da_Templates.zip  (46 downloads)
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 03/31/2003 11:12 PM
ooooh.... I'll try these out
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 03/31/2003 11:13 PM

With this mod adding graphics to the table cells is easy. All you have to do is create background images for the tdheader, catandforum, and menubar class
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/01/2003 10:44 AM
added here : https://www.ubbdev.com/beta/ubbthreads.php
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/01/2003 5:30 PM
Woot!
Posted By: Astaran Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/01/2003 5:57 PM
I'll definitely give this package a try on my dev-board.
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/01/2003 7:32 PM
I've update two of the templates that deal with PMs (mess_handler and mess_reply) plus I've redesigned the dosearch.tmpl file to make it match the look and feel of the postlist page ( check it out ).
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/01/2003 7:33 PM

Let me know what you think of them
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/02/2003 10:12 AM
I've updated the addpost_preview.tmpl file to make the post preview look better.
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/08/2003 2:00 PM
[]AllenAyres said:
added here : https://www.ubbdev.com/beta/ubbthreads.php [/]

Allen,

Please update the beta site with the latest version of my template mods. I'd like to see how they all look on a board that has no graphics.

Also would you check the search.php / tmpl file? The radial buttons at the bottom of the search page are there, but no text to let you know what they are for.

Thanks!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/09/2003 4:10 AM
soure, will do, I am outta town until tomorrow night, should be able to get it done thursday
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/09/2003 6:24 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/14/2003 2:28 AM
updated, still need to add justdave's yasm
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/14/2003 8:32 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/17/2003 6:55 AM
I'll update this mod when UBB Threads 6.3 goes gold
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 04/28/2003 11:01 AM
Scratch that: I'm working on a completely new set for UBB Threads 6.3

You can check out the new templates at my dev site. Keep in mind that as of this edit (01 May 2003) the new templates are not finished.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 05/02/2003 5:56 AM
looking good DLT
Posted By: Dalantech Re: [6.2.x] Facelift for UBB Threads - 05/02/2003 7:10 AM
Thanks!

I'm into "nit-picking" now. It's cool to have the beta cause it gives me a lot of time to go over the templates and fine tune them for this mod. Plus this set will be different from the one I made for 6.2 since my skills at editing html in a text editor are getting better -so many things to learn, so little time

I should have the new facelift set ready to go the day 6.3 goes gold. A lot of the other mods that I did for 6.2 won't be relevent, since I'm including all of those in this set.
© UBB.Developers