UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lane A little something.. - 07/23/2003 2:17 AM
Heres a REALLY basic template theme I made... it isnt done yet but I plan on releasing it if anyone wants it when I'm done. The only graphic used in it is the gradient, the rest is all css. I need to work out some issues with the bevels still. This isn't blam templates 2 (it will be more graphical), just a little thing i did when i had a few spare minutes.

http://www.praisecafe.org/test/index.php?Cat=
Thanks to Allen for letting me use his test board.
Posted By: Jamin Re: A little something.. - 07/23/2003 2:47 AM
Nifty. I like the operating system type look. At least, that's what it reminds me of, notsure if that's what you were going for or not.

---Jamin
Posted By: AKD96 Re: A little something.. - 07/23/2003 3:17 AM
Ohhhhhh. That's purdy!

Me want! :raises hand:
Posted By: Zackary Re: A little something.. - 07/23/2003 5:23 AM
Holy cow that's sharp!

Me likey!
Posted By: AKD96 Re: A little something.. - 07/23/2003 5:33 AM
Hey... no copying of my "'Me' followed by a verb" grammar!!
Posted By: omegatron Re: A little something.. - 07/24/2003 11:32 PM
Looks great Lane
Posted By: Lane Re: A little something.. - 07/25/2003 6:45 AM
Thanks everybody.

Hmm... wasn't going for an OS look, but it does kind of look like it doesn't it?
Posted By: Conrad Re: A little something.. - 07/25/2003 11:07 AM
Nice job, Lane - the template looks really good! I especially like the way the post title bar looks (in that it doesn't span to the very cell border).

I wouldn't mind checking it out and playing with the colours a bit.
Posted By: Conrad Re: A little something.. - 07/25/2003 11:13 AM
Quick question: does including graphical elements (like the gradient) raise bandwidth significantly? Is the image cached on users' computers, or does it load up every time (...every thread)?
Posted By: Lane Re: A little something.. - 07/25/2003 6:20 PM
I would believe that it would be chached on the users computer, the graphic is only a few kb, so I doubt it will cause any bandwidth problems.

Thanks.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: A little something.. - 07/28/2003 11:24 PM
I'm using the CSS as my current default over at my website... http://www.drumlines.org

Of course, your table wrappers are Uber prettier than mine!
Posted By: Lane Re: A little something.. - 07/29/2003 6:53 PM
Cool, I will post the finished one when im done here, with the table wrappers... I've got a few other paid template sets to do before I finish this one though.
Posted By: J.C. Re: A little something.. - 08/02/2003 10:18 PM
Looks good. Couple suggestions. You are using multiple tables within tables. Have you tried using more css and less html?

For example in tbopen:

<div align="center" class="tablesurround" style="width: {$theme['tablewidth']}; padding: {$theme['cellpadding']}px;">
<table cellpadding="{$theme['cellpadding']}" cellspacing="{$theme['cellspacing']}" width="100%" class="tableborders">

This works fine in IE and Moz, Opera, and even Netscape with a lil extra work.

Just a thought ™
Posted By: DrChaos Re: A little something.. - 09/13/2003 6:13 PM
Errrr, Uhhhh, Oh Ya, where and how do i get something like that for my site. I have been wonder how every gets to have a web page feel as the into to the forum but its actually the forum. Please now, dont hold anything back..

I am also using ubbthreads 5.4.6 if that helps. I found some hack/mods on the main page that was re-opend so I could see alot more but as far as that I cant find any other mods. I really want to have a layout like that for the main page of my site >>>>>
Posted By: JoshPet Re: A little something.. - 09/13/2003 8:59 PM
Version 6 and higher is based on templates so the layout could be customized. Not very easy is version 5 as all the HTML is in the scripts.
Posted By: DrChaos Re: A little something.. - 09/14/2003 12:16 AM
ok. another reason to upgrade to the latest. on my way.........
Posted By: JoshPet Re: A little something.. - 09/14/2003 12:51 AM
Yes, if you are an old time users.... (from the wwwthreads days) it should only cost you like $31.
© UBB.Developers