UBB.Dev
Posted By: MTO Invisibility.. - 03/16/2002 3:46 PM
I think this is the way it works right now:
- When you choose to be invisible, you can still see other online people.
- When you choose to not allow others viewing the actual post you are in, you can still see those who are allowing so.

I think this isnt the way it should be. I´d preffer it this way:
- You may be invisible, but you dont see others either. Its your choice.
- You may choose to not allow viewing at what exact post you are at, but you dont get to see others either. Your choice, either take it or leave it.
Posted By: ExcelsiorDDZ Re: Invisibility.. - 03/17/2002 11:58 AM
I personally don't see too many people outside of admins and moderators even using the who is online. The only exception is those that are PMing and like to see them on the same page.
Posted By: MTO Re: Invisibility.. - 03/17/2002 10:42 PM
Well, at my site people seem to love the Who´s Online feature. Its part of being a community, knowing who is in the house with you, I guess.
But I dont feel right when I see some people hidden as invisible checking on the Who´s Online page. If you dont want to be trust others to see you, then you should also be removed of that privilage of "spying on others".
I am seeing an increasing number of invisible members lately.

I´d say that if you want to be a ghost, you cant pick up a glass of water. If that makes sense, haha! []/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]
Posted By: caymuc Re: Invisibility.. - 03/19/2002 1:08 AM
I think this is right thinking...

Only invisible Admins/Mods should be shown other Users online, not invisible normal people.

Same like Guest, they should see no member names, just "member"...
Posted By: Dr_Manhattan Re: Invisibility.. - 03/19/2002 10:59 PM
I agree; I like the idea of quid pro quo.
Posted By: Muhammad Re: Invisibility.. - 03/20/2002 4:40 PM
I like Mateo's suggestion on this one, that you can only view what you allow others to see... and I'd also like to see an easier global option to allow the viewing options or not. In vars, an on/off for users to be able to select invisible or not.

Or is that already in there, and I'm just oblivious again? []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]
© UBB.Developers