UBB.Dev
Posted By: voidvoid Multipage posts - 07/12/2002 11:10 AM
What about a pagebreak code feature, that would allow you to make a post into a multipage post?

For example...consider a text like:

[pagebreak]Introduction[/pagebreak]

..sometext

[pagebreak]Why ubbthreads rules [/pagebreak]

..some more text

[pagebreak]conclusion[/pagebreak]

..the last text

This would make it possible to make article like posts with a quick index of its content, preserving vertical browser space and perhaps even boost performance.

And this feature could in effect make the Integrated Index Page system able to handle articles

Tim
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Multipage posts - 07/12/2002 6:38 PM
that sounds pretty cool
Posted By: JustDave Re: Multipage posts - 08/03/2002 8:46 PM
Had to search for this post... but it has been on my mind... lol

Here is some thoughts I have had:
https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...mp;Number=53531&Main=53445#Post53531
Posted By: voidvoid Re: Multipage posts - 08/06/2002 9:41 AM
Hmm...I think a simple page 1,2,3, etc. is bit un-informative as to what the reader has in store if he continues to read on. But I would love to see some sort of page handling in STANDARD ubbthreads.

My hope was, of course, to facillite the creation of an "indexpage" with some of the features like www.siteworkspro.com.

Apropos forthcomming CMS's...Just came back from the new vb3 demosite. Doesent look that convinving though
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Multipage posts - 08/08/2002 6:54 AM
Hi,

Related to this...

How about cutting long posts (after a certain amount of words, characters, Kbytes ?, set in the admin area)?
At the cut off point a 'more...' link would be inserted which would link to the full post.

I think this could save a bit of bandwidth since the long post would only be displayed once per poster, rather than everytime the poster views the thread.

Sanuk!
Posted By: voidvoid Re: Multipage posts - 08/08/2002 8:06 AM
sounds like a good idea to me
© UBB.Developers