UBB.Dev
Posted By: sergeng Japanese language - 07/16/2002 3:30 PM
will ubbthread support japanese language in the future ?
when ?

i have to choose the right bb.

クゥラ。
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Japanese language - 07/17/2002 12:02 AM
welcome

I am not sure of their plans, but I know you can translate the language files, send them in to infopop, and if they run well, they'll include them for you.
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Japanese language - 01/20/2003 7:05 PM
My company needed Japanese, so my Japanese tech is doing a translation of the language files in the english folder as well as the FAQ (english to Japanese). Do we just drop the new "japanese" folder into the languages directory or do we need to do something else to make the language function on our server?

(I will share the files with infopop when the translation is done)
Posted By: JustDave Re: Japanese language - 01/20/2003 7:15 PM
Hi Mayoff

I believe you will also need to edit "editdisplay.php" and "changedisplay.php" to use the new language.

Thanks for sharing too!
Posted By: Astaran Re: Japanese language - 01/20/2003 7:20 PM
changedisplay is fine without any modification.
Additionaly you have to change:
templates/editdisplay.tmpl
admin/editconfig.php
admin/doeditconfig.php
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Japanese language - 01/20/2003 7:27 PM
And if you happen to be allowed and you want to share it with us, we would appreciate it immensely!

Warm regards

Nikos
Posted By: JustDave Re: Japanese language - 01/20/2003 8:25 PM
I think the language list should be built on the names of the directories in the languages directory so that all that would ever be needed is uploading a langauge and unpacking it to the directory.

Anyone want to take that on as a mod?
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Japanese language - 01/20/2003 8:32 PM
One other question. Because the forum default will be in english, is there a way (maybe via a specific URL) to link our Japanese website to a view of the forum that is defaulted as japanese. We need users who only read japanese to be able to login and create accounts.

This would allow the english users to view english automatically by default and the Japanese users to view Japanese by default.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Japanese language - 01/21/2003 1:44 AM
There was a modification similar to this one which allowed you to change language on the fly. Although I never installed it I recall Josh had it installed in his forum way back in the 6.0 version...

Warm regards

Nikos
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Japanese language - 03/13/2003 7:46 PM
Hi,

We have finally finished the translation over to Japanese. It is attached. To check it out you can visit our site at:

http://dantz1.conxion.com/ubbthreads/index.php?Cat=

How do I get this translation over to InfoPop for inclusion in 6.3?

We have not finished the FAQ, but we are working on it.

Attached File
72908-Japanese.zip  (7 downloads)
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Japanese language - 03/13/2003 10:04 PM
I'll point Rick/navaho to this.

Thanks.
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Japanese language - 03/13/2003 10:19 PM
Thanks. We are likely to make some bug fixes to the translations, I will make sure to post them.

Robin
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Japanese language - 03/18/2003 5:35 PM
We have made some bug fixes to the translation. It is attached.

Attached File
© UBB.Developers