UBB.Dev
Posted By: Aglavalin Poll Form - 07/17/2002 8:53 AM
I just went to post a new poll on my board, and realized how much of a pain it really is. I realized that a POLL button on the bottom of the post would be much easier to use. It could go to a simple page with fields to fill in with poll items, and whatnot. Basically some simple automated way to make a post with a variable number of items to choose from. Have a 'add poll item' button to refresh the page with one more poll item and carry over the filled in info. Make the default poll have 4? items? Whatever seems to be the norm is probably best.

Just a thought on a fairly simple and non-intrusive way to make the UBBT easier to use for our basic users
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Poll Form - 07/19/2002 10:28 AM
Hi,

My members complained about this as well, which is why I threw together a quick PHP poll generator.
I have attached it here. (it needs to be renamed to poll_generator.php)

Sanuk!

Attached File
52826-poll_generator.txt  (60 downloads)
Posted By: JustDave Re: Poll Form - 07/19/2002 3:20 PM
Thanks Sanuk

It looks to be very handy!
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Poll Form - 07/20/2002 4:54 AM
Looks great! But some of the variables need to be initialized first? The op, question and option 1 - option 10 seem to be in need of being set to "" to start to avoid errors it looks like. What did you do to handle this? I tried a few things but didn't get it working yet for me. Maybe I'm missing something here? Not sure...

I was also gonna try to write up some code to make this a javascript popup window like the spellchecker and add a button to the post page to bring it up. That seems like the easiest way to use it as a cut & paste page. I'll wait on these till I can get the poll_generator.php page working first.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Poll Form - 07/21/2002 9:08 PM
After some research, it seems some of this code does not work with my server version, bummer...
Posted By: Rick Re: Poll Form - 07/31/2002 11:41 PM
My original plan was just to have the instant markup area just have 1 button for a poll. Basically you would click it, a javascript popup would ask you for the title then option 1 then option 2. It would keep asking for options until you just entered a blank option and then it would generate the poll code. However, it takes me forever to create javascript so it's not in there yet
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Poll Form - 08/01/2002 3:58 PM
Hi,

"But some of the variables need to be initialized first?"
Hmmm, good point.
Don't often use it myself, so have never encountered problems, but I suppose they could happen.

Sanuk!
© UBB.Developers