UBB.Dev
I've dug through the Admin interface on 6.01, and I can't find an easy and quick way to do something I'm going to need to do soon. Since I don't clearly see a place to suggest additions to future UBB.Threads versions, I'm going to suggest this here, and hope Rick picks up on it.

What I'd like to see made, is a mod to allow Admins to make certain changes to entire user groups at one time. The specific functionality that is needed as a minimum is to be able to set the Title for everyone in a specific user group to the same thing, at one time. Having backwards functionality so that when someone is added to a specific group, their title is changed to the "Group Title" for that group would be nice as well, but it's not a must.

If I've simply missed something, and there's already a way to do this in UBB.Threads, someone please explain how to me.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Title Change on entire user group(s) - 08/08/2002 12:22 AM
You could do that easily with a database query. For example, the following query would set the titles of everyone in group #1 to 'whatever'.

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Title='whatever' WHERE U_Groups LIKE '%-1-%'

If you were doing this for several groups, you'd have to do in the correct order, since users may belong to more than one group.

Hmmmm ... there's also a column w3t_Posts.B_UTitle. The only place that seems to be used is in printthread.php. I wonder if that's a bug.
Posted By: Gardener Re: Title Change on entire user group(s) - 08/08/2002 1:42 AM
Yeah, it probably is, the user title was saved with the post in earlier versions. Rick probably missed changing where the title is read from in the printthread script.
© UBB.Developers