UBB.Dev
Posted By: msula Pull post info and display on any page - 08/14/2002 4:33 AM
Fairly simple (I think?) mod here. Basically, a script that will pull the text from a post (including stuff like post title, and who posted it, etc.) and display it anywhere the function is called within an external page.

Basically, dave's IIP does this for the center column. But I would like to see a bit more modular version of it so it could be applied anywhere. I know phpBB has a mod that does this, it works/looks real nice.

The reason I need it is because I have people posting technical writeups in a particular forum, and would like to have a page setup to display just the body of the posts and such so when people are browsing them it doesn't look like they are using the message board.

I bet others could use this for various reasons as well
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Pull post info and display on any page - 08/14/2002 4:42 AM
You can do this with the newspal.php file by including it in any php page you like. You would have to either hardcode in board names or make up a seperate configpal.php file for the settings, but it would not be that hard. I am running something like this and it works great
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Pull post info and display on any page - 08/14/2002 7:41 AM
Or the ubbtnews in the addons directory should be able to do it too
Posted By: msula Re: Pull post info and display on any page - 08/14/2002 6:06 PM
Hmm, why is it I never even looked at those scripts before. Yeah, that's basically exactally what I want to do, lol. Thanks I think I'm losing my mind.
© UBB.Developers