UBB.Dev
Posted By: lukyan_es Editing languages files from Admin - 08/27/2002 10:56 AM
The other day I was editing my boards and found myself in the need of editing the languages file, and realized it would have been very nice if I had had the chance of doing it through the admin panel.
something like the "edit a template" panel.
opinions?
luke01
Posted By: 3DSHROOM_dup1 Re: Editing languages files from Admin - 08/27/2002 8:50 PM
Good idea
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Editing languages files from Admin - 08/27/2002 8:59 PM
Great idea.
Posted By: mod_perl Re: Editing languages files from Admin - 08/28/2002 12:38 AM
I use an old hacked up perl version that predates the ability to edit config files from admin. But I've seen how it's being done on some other updated threads boards, and noticed some shortcomings.

The code I've seen has a hardcoded config file in the script used to edit config files, meaning any changes you make to the actual config file, such as added variables, are lost when you edit it with the tool!

So rather than have an individual script for each config file I wrote a single script that serves as a simple file editor. This way any file can be opened, edited and saved without fear of data loss, and allows adding config variables at will.
© UBB.Developers