UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gregori Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/23/2002 3:57 PM
I would like a mod that puts an icon next to the username where ever it´s shown. The icon should change if the user is online or not. When clicking on it, it should open a PM window with the selected users nick in the address field.

This would be cool!
Posted By: Gardener Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/23/2002 6:11 PM
Sounds like a nice idea, and shouldn't be to hard to implement. It would add another query to every page that shows usernames though.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/23/2002 7:08 PM
I might be able to pull this one off. If noone get's to it before me in the next couple days... I'll take a look.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/23/2002 7:09 PM
I think he is asking for this to be something that isn't dependant on the ICQ status flower. (or what ever that thing is)

Perhaps checking the online table and switch some sort of icon to the "on" mode but then your talking even more queries to keep tabs on things.
Posted By: Gardener Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/23/2002 7:29 PM
I haven't looked at the online table, but I thought a simple query to get the names of the users that are online into an array would suffice. After that it would just be a matter of matching the username to be printed to the array of online users and if it is present, show the online picture with a link to send a PM.
Posted By: Gardener Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/23/2002 7:29 PM
Sounds good. I know I will definitely not have the time to look at it.
Posted By: Gregori Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/24/2002 12:18 PM
No, I don´t want it to depend on the ICQ flower.

It should be a separate feature, but indicate online/offline the same way as the flower. Could use a banana instead:
Yellow=online
Green=offline
Posted By: JustDave Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/24/2002 1:19 PM
You do realize that this will only be able to go off of the online table used by .threads and not connected directly to an application on the user's computer, I hope. Users may actually be online but if they haven't visited the site in the last 10 minutes you will not see that they are online. The only way a private message will be seen by users is if they visit the forums and see the flashing private message icon. No windows will pop up on their computer such as ICQ if you message them while they are online and not actively browsing the forums. There just isn't a way to get something to work like the ICQ status icon and application works.
Posted By: Gregori Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/24/2002 6:03 PM
Yes I´m avare of that!
Posted By: JustDave Re: Online/Offline dynamic icon - 09/24/2002 6:16 PM
hehehe ok
© UBB.Developers