UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gardener Extra profile fields - 11/19/2002 4:29 AM
There are several mods adding extra fields to the profile, and it seems that people want more fields, and the possibility to add more text in each one.

Because of this I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a generic mod that allows admins to add an unlimited number of extra fields to the profile. It should also be possible to select on a field basis if the information should be private (admins only) or public. Maybe it would be a good idea to be able to choose if it is a short field or a big text box, and possible also if markup should be allowed in the content. I also think it would be a good idea if there would be both a question that is shown when editing the profile, as well as a title, which is shown on the profile page. I guess it might be a good idea to be able to choose if the field should be shown when registering a new user as well.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Extra profile fields - 11/19/2002 5:11 AM
Yes to all of those!

Even the ability to make pull down choices or radio buttons would be cool.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Extra profile fields - 11/19/2002 6:50 AM
yes, me too... that would be real nice
Posted By: Gardener Re: Extra profile fields - 11/19/2002 11:15 AM
Yeah, it would be, but it would add an extra table I think, adding up to a total of three new tables. I'll keep it in mind though, but it would probably go into a second version.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get the time to write this though, it will probably be some time yet.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Extra profile fields - 11/19/2002 11:51 AM
Great idea Gardener! I am game.

Warm regards

Nikos
Posted By: MTO Re: Extra profile fields - 11/19/2002 1:09 PM
Would love to see this, yes.

With the added feature of being able to create pulldown's/radio buttons.
© UBB.Developers