UBB.Dev
Posted By: agate Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 5:42 PM
Could anyone add this kind of modification? (Files is included)
It's the modification for VBB...
---------------
It's easy cortrol and view quintessence topic in your forum. forum admin and mods can set quintessence topic icon via admin options.

Attached File
61578-quintessence.zip  (29 downloads)
Posted By: Gardener Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 6:21 PM
Could you describe the mod a bit more? For some reason the attached file doesn't exist as well.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 6:55 PM
That's odd. The file is listed in the database correctly and it does exist on the server. I'll look at download.php and see what could be causing this.
Posted By: JustDave Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 6:56 PM
LoL well now it's working... someone change something?
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 7:01 PM
I upload the file again, could you try it again?
Thank you.

In this mod you can:
---------------
1. Administrator and Moderator can pick threads for quintessence Topic.
2. AT postlist.php?Cat=&Board=XXXX forum make self forum quintessence.
3. At the topic we can mark "quintessence" for it.
---------------

Anyway, it's only for VBB...not UBBT... I just wonder could anyone create this mod?
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 7:02 PM
Well, I upload it twice...finally success.
Posted By: Gardener Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 7:34 PM
I still don't understand what a Quintessence Topic is, or how it is shown. The icon next to the subject of threads that are quintessence I get, but where else are these topics listed, how does it look and for what purpose? I assume it's to show threads that are typical for the board?
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 7:53 PM
This mod is for Administrator and Moderator to pick the excellent subject of threads. The purpose is for newuser to find what is excellent subject of threads.

And all these topics should be listed at the some place, but should be created a link at the same form. The place is like "demo2.gif"(You can find it at files)

I think what you said "show threads that are typical for the board" might be right.

I hope you understand what I am talking about.
Posted By: Gardener Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 7:59 PM
So, where is this list of quintessence topic shown? At the top of the postlist script, above the normal threads? Or is it a special page? Or are they just first in the thread list?
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 8:03 PM
It's should be listed at special page.
So, it's possible to creat this mod?
Posted By: Gardener Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 8:06 PM
Sure it is possible, it would probably not be that hard either. It would mean a small database change as well as a new script, although most of it could be copied from the normal postlist script.

I don't have time to do this myself though, so let's hope someone else can have a go at it. Otherwise I might be able to help you in a couple of days.
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/06/2002 8:11 PM
OK, thankx anyway.!
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/18/2002 2:27 AM
Do you have time right now?
Posted By: Gardener Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/18/2002 2:33 AM
Unfortunately not, I'm doing some work for a client at the moment. I'll see if I can squeeze it in soon though.
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 12/18/2002 12:31 PM
OK~Thank you~ :-)
Posted By: agate Re: Quintessence Topic - 01/14/2003 5:04 AM
Could any one help on this one?
Thank you~
Posted By: JustDave Re: Quintessence Topic - 01/14/2003 5:26 AM
I too do not have much time on my hands. You may want to hire one of the local developers to write this up for you if you really need it. You can post in the "developers for hire" forum with your specific information on this.
© UBB.Developers