UBB.Dev
Posted By: PhotoPost A better word censor? - 02/25/2003 6:24 PM
Currently threads puts in a [****] for censored words - pretty ugly. Some other board have creative ways of replacing words - anyone looked at applying that kind of mod to Threads?
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: A better word censor? - 02/25/2003 7:18 PM
You can change it in the admin panel in "Edit config settings" under "Special Functions / Miscellaneous " -

[]Censored replacement word. If you have anything in your filters/badwords file, then any words in a new post that match will be replaced by this word. Set this to blank if you do not want to censor words.[/]

Or did I totally misunderstand you?
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: A better word censor? - 02/25/2003 7:50 PM
I was thinking more about creative word replacements.

For exmaple, if someone said "F You", the censor would replace it with "Love You". Or if they said "I'm having a s**tty day", it would put "I'm having a crappy day".

Stuff like that. I've seen it on a couple boards - might write it myself if nobody has done it.
Posted By: Lisa_P Re: A better word censor? - 02/25/2003 8:20 PM
Ah, I see Sorry!
Posted By: Mudpuppy Re: A better word censor? - 11/05/2003 10:31 AM
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I would definitely be interested in something like this. We have our censor filter full of "text messaging abbreviations" because it drives us crazy when posts on our board are written in shorthand (hey, we're old). We try to tell posters that we don't charge by the letter, but they don't always listen. It would be great if we could automatically replace words like "ne1" with "anyone" and "gr8" with "great", etc.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: A better word censor? - 11/05/2003 10:34 AM
LOL

C Ya L8R

Sorry couldn't resist.
Posted By: Gardener Re: A better word censor? - 11/05/2003 5:52 PM
I was thinking of adding a few options to my word scrambler hack to turn all text into 133+ text. =]
Posted By: scroungr Re: A better word censor? - 11/05/2003 6:26 PM
you have been *ninja-posted*
© UBB.Developers