UBB.Dev
Posted By: xeney "Link to this post" feature - 03/27/2003 4:38 AM
One of my users requested this feature but I don't know how difficult it would be to implement. I think what she wants is a link at the bottom of each post that would open the individual post at its own URL -- to make it easier for users to link directly to an individual post from elsewhere. Does that make sense? I think she means like the 'link' function on tools like Blogger and Moveable Type.

Would that be hard to do? Or useful to anyone?
Posted By: Gardener Re: "Link to this post" feature - 03/27/2003 2:14 PM
You have a few choices on this.

One way to do it is that you could just edit the template and add a link next to the thread with all the necessary information in the url to open a new window with the thread.

Another way is to get the showpost.php script from my Markup Hack mod to make an easier link, that looks like this:
showpost.php?Number=74350

Or, you could install the entire Markup Hack package to get the extra [post] ubbcode/markup to link to a post like this:
Posted By: xeney Re: "Link to this post" feature - 03/27/2003 5:55 PM
The showpost thing is exactly what I wanted. Thanks, Gardener!
Posted By: smilesforu Re: - 03/28/2003 11:54 PM
I like the looks of the easier linking ability, but I fear my users would need the full markup language to understand it. Anybody running this on a 6.2.3
Posted By: JoshPet Re: - 04/06/2003 4:05 PM
In 6.3 it'll be even easier to link to a post, becase the Board keyword is no longer needed in the URL.

You'll simply need something like:

http://www.yoursite.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=12345
© UBB.Developers