UBB.Dev
Posted By: ericgtr Attachment Quota Limits - 07/31/2003 4:21 PM
It would be nice to have a limit on how much a registered user can upload i.e. 15 megs in total, that sort of thing. I run an MP3 uploading site so something like this would be pretty handy. Would anyone else be into something like this?
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Attachment Quota Limits - 07/31/2003 7:29 PM
Hmmmm. Add an extra field to w3t_Users. Have it store how many MB a person has uploaded (would that calculation even be possible?) Then whenever someone tries to upload a file, it reads the size then checks their entry in the DB to see if they'll still have space after the upload. If not, it sends them a friendly error message explaining to them what a free-loader they are...or something like that.
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Attachment Quota Limits - 07/31/2003 7:35 PM
I have heard this described very close to what you mentioned here DL, I just don't have the knowledge to pull it off. most of the other boards have a mod for this so it may be worth trolling through their code but even then I think I would have a hard time []http://www.vhfans.com/boards/images/graemlins/headscratch.gif[/]
Posted By: MTO Re: Attachment Quota Limits - 07/31/2003 8:55 PM
Would be nice.
Once the limit is reached, I would simply delete the oldest attachment...
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Attachment Quota Limits - 07/31/2003 9:44 PM
Or it could be that they are denied and asked to make room by deleting it themselves.
Posted By: MTO Re: Attachment Quota Limits - 08/01/2003 5:46 AM
True. Then they would need a panel with all their attachments... sounds good.
© UBB.Developers