UBB.Dev
Posted By: J.C. Email notice of replies sent to Poster.. - 08/15/2003 5:56 AM
When we reply to a post we are subscribed to, we get an email notice we replied. DOH! There has to be a way to have threads check this, and stop sending us copies of our own reply.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Email notice of replies sent to Poster.. - 08/15/2003 6:38 AM
It seems like it would be a simple if statement in addpost.php, but I wouldn't know how to structure it.
Posted By: MTO Re: Email notice of replies sent to Poster.. - 08/15/2003 5:49 PM
Hum, havent seen it because I never use the subscription thing, but sure enough it shouldnt send you a notice that you yourself have replied. I would almost consider this a bug...
Posted By: J.C. Re: Email notice of replies sent to Poster.. - 08/17/2003 10:38 PM
If it is a bug, it's been there since 6.0
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Email notice of replies sent to Poster.. - 08/17/2003 11:22 PM
I'm not sure if this would work. (Untested)

But in addpost.php should be able to change the query from this:
Code
<br />      $query = "<br />        SELECT t2.U_Language,t2.U_Email,t2.U_EmailFormat<br />        FROM   {$config['tbprefix']}Favorites AS t1,<br />               {$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2<br />        WHERE  t1.F_Thread = '$Main'<br />        AND    t1.F_Type   = 'f'<br />        AND    t1.F_Owner  = t2.U_Number<br />        AND    t2.U_EReplies = 'On'<br />      ";<br />

To this:
Code
<br />      $query = "<br />        SELECT t2.U_Language,t2.U_Email,t2.U_EmailFormat<br />        FROM   {$config['tbprefix']}Favorites AS t1,<br />               {$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2<br />        WHERE  t1.F_Thread = '$Main'<br />        AND    t1.F_Type   = 'f'<br />        AND    t1.F_Owner  = t2.U_Number<br />        AND    t2.U_EReplies = 'On'<br />        AND    t2.U_Number != {$user['U_Number']}<br />      ";<br />

Unless I'm too sleepy that should skip the user who's making the post.
Posted By: J.C. Re: Email notice of replies sent to Poster.. - 08/17/2003 11:59 PM
try it here
© UBB.Developers