UBB.Dev
Posted By: PhotoPost User Warning Mod? - 10/27/2003 8:16 PM
Anyone tried making a "warning" mod where a moderator can issue some kind of warning to a user which visuallyt indicates their warning level? Some sites use percentages or "strikes"; anyone tried this?
Posted By: ericgtr Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/27/2003 8:24 PM
I can think of a few users on my site that need this
Posted By: ksanuk Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/28/2003 11:00 AM
Hi,

Like this, kinda like a yellow and red card; or a face slowly getting more pissed off

Sanuk!
Posted By: Catshadow Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/28/2003 12:07 PM
3 notice - autoban for a week if after first notice pass a month 1 notice is delite
Posted By: Astaran Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/28/2003 1:23 PM
I'd be interested in this aswell.
Maybe using a point system would be a bit more flexible. You can determine which actions should result in a certain number of points.

insulting someone - 2 points
posting illegal links - 3 points
etc.

If someome gets xx points, he'll be banned.
1 point is removed after xx days.

You can even manage the durations of bans with that system.

If a user with 9 points gets +4 points, He'll be banned for 4 weeks.
9 + 4 = 13
-1 point every week and he'll be unbaned with getting below the 10 points limit.

If he's still not behaving, I'll be banned immediately, cause he exceeds the 10 limit again.

If he turns into a nice guy, he'll need 9 weeks to get a clean slate again.
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/28/2003 5:11 PM
Trick it putting into place something that is flexible enough for users. I might tackle this one, but with 6.4 around the corner, might wait til its done.

I was thinking a three strikes deal - with X's placed under a username. Percentages seem like overkill.
Posted By: MTO Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/28/2003 10:19 PM
I like the ideas so far...

Just out of curiosity:
Are you all thinking of these "cards" being visible to everybody or just to the warned member?
Or would there be any kind of icon for the rest of members informing that "this member is under warning"?
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: User Warning Mod? - 10/29/2003 5:40 AM
I was thinking public; but if we make the warnings a tag, then it would be easy to switch it to mods/admin only.
© UBB.Developers